- 01-28-13, 07:35 PM #2
It's a common issue with older models. There are things you can do to make it better though. I would start by pulling the battery and putting it back in. Also, delete any unused applications and make sure you close out of apps when you are done with them. BB's have REAL multitasking, which means apps keep running in the background if you dont close them completely. Hope this helps, don't jump ship. BB's are really great devices once you figure them out Welcome to CB!
- CrackBerry Genius
01-29-13, 02:46 PM #3
- 3,636 Posts
- Safety or stick?
You can also hold the left "alt" key down and then press and hold the right Capitalization and delete key's down to do a soft reboot. Spinning clock can mean you are using up your memory. It can also be caused by a theme that you are using. As SlcCorrado says, you may also have left apps running in the background. A quick check is to hold down the menu key and you will go to the switch applications screen. There should only be 5 icons that show up. If there are more than that, then you have left an app running in the background, and you need to close it. Remember, some apps close by using the back arrow key, but some close only by hitting the menu key and then selecting "exit" or "close".
One other thing - are you saving your pictures to the phone or to your sd card? If you save them to the phone, that can use up your memory and cause the spinning clock. To set the phone to save photos to your media (sd) card, open your camera then hit the menu button. Scroll down to "Store Pictures:" Set it to "on media card". Let us know what you found.
- By r6punk in forum BlackBerry PlayBookReplies: 45Last Post: 06-29-11, 05:58 PM
- By IrishGirl52 in forum BlackBerry Curve 83xxReplies: 6Last Post: 10-07-10, 07:14 PM
- By DenimDemon in forum BlackBerry Curve 8900Replies: 3Last Post: 02-21-09, 08:54 PM
- By briandv in forum General BlackBerry DiscussionReplies: 2Last Post: 08-27-08, 09:52 PM
- By Berryblackuser in forum BlackBerry Curve 83xxReplies: 13Last Post: 06-23-08, 11:13 AM