I've never been a fan of touchscreen keyboards (even the cream of the crop i4. And the Android swipe feature is cool but when it comes to conventional typig, it SUCKED on the Captivate) I like it for just about everything except for typing. I make SOOOO many mistakes when using it. What are you guys' opinions on the touchscreen- in comparison to other touchscreens?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-16-10 11:08 AM
    the touchscreen seems a bit better than my iPhone 3GS however my sole reason for returning to BB over iPhone was for the physical keyboard. Granted, email and calendaring on BB blow away iPhone but the soft keyboard on iPhone wasn't great. I found myself almost always typing in my signature line. With the limited use of the BB soft keyboard I don't have that problem but again, I really use the physical KB.
    08-16-10 11:24 AM
    Also it does take some time and patience to get used to the torch touchscreen keyboard. But once used to, I can type fairly quick but just need to be more focused on hitting the right keys than say the iphone.

08-16-10 11:34 AM
    I don't don't use the torch's soft keyboard. I find it too difficult to type fast and accurately.

08-16-10 11:43 AM
    The touchscreen takes a bit getting used to if you have not used it before. If I need to type something quick I use the physical keyboard. If I have time I use the touchsreen. I am getting quicker with it now. =)
    08-16-10 11:51 AM
    I'm amazed I'm typing as well as I am with the virtual keyboard. Very few errors per sentence. I've been using it almost exclusively over the physical one but I am glad I have the option to switch to it if I wanted to.
    08-16-10 11:55 AM
    You guys can opt to switch to the "reduced" portrait keyboard as well, which is pretty much SureType (2 letters per button). Makes for bigger and easier buttons to type.

08-16-10 11:57 AM
    I use it from my time to time. I used the iPhone 3G for a bit last year, so I have some practice at touchscreen keyboards. Only on landscape mode, though. Really no point in using it in portrait mode since we can just use the physical keyboard.
    08-16-10 11:58 AM
    I don't like typing on a virtual keyboard. I prefer physical.
    However, I do everything else on the screen.
    08-16-10 12:00 PM
    I use it sometimes, when I am typing a very short text or msg. It's okay, but thank God for the corrective text thingy, or I'd never use it. But one of my fave things about this phone is that it's touchscreen, with a PHYSICAL keyboard. I love BB keyboards.
    08-16-10 12:03 PM
    I don't like typing on a virtual keyboard. I prefer physical.
    However, I do everything else on the screen.
    Same here.
    08-16-10 12:04 PM
    same - keys are more accurate
    08-16-10 12:07 PM
    I use the portrait reduced mode exclusively. I type super fast on the virtual keyboard.

08-16-10 12:12 PM
    same - keys are more accurate
    SEE I knew you could type a real post!
    08-16-10 02:41 PM
    I find myself switching between the two depending on the length of the response. I thought they would make the touchscreen 'enter / send' button bigger though.
    08-16-10 03:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD