View Poll Results: Do you think Rogers and Telus will delay the Torch 9800 release?

Voters
44. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

22 50.00%
  • No

22 50.00%
    I know this is a lame poll, but hey - I'm bored!

So with all the rumor swirling and Bell officially stating that they're delaying the Torch release, who thinks Rogers and Telus will follow?
    09-18-10 08:30 PM
    sadly to say ... well for me anyways .. YES ... womp womp
    09-18-10 08:33 PM
    Haha.. Womp womp...
    09-18-10 08:34 PM
    no on the rogers blog they said as soon as they know if its delayed they will post something, but there is no delay as of yet... I do think telus will as they and bell share towers, and operate on a different band than rogers.
    09-18-10 08:35 PM
    Mikey what are we gonna do lol
    09-18-10 08:49 PM
    i agree to all carriers delaying! DAMN!!!
    09-18-10 09:10 PM
    Just spoke to my Best Buy and he said they're still releasing Torch for Telus on Sept 24..but I'll believe it when its in my hands

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-18-10 09:22 PM
    Just spoke to my Best Buy and he said they're still releasing Torch for Telus on Sept 24..but I'll believe it when its in my hands

YEA !!! I totally agree with that. Like I said i was told other wise
    09-18-10 09:34 PM
    no on the rogers blog they said as soon as they know if its delayed they will post something, but there is no delay as of yet... I do think telus will as they and bell share towers, and operate on a different band than rogers.
    rogers bell and telus all operate on the same bands.

i'm trying to keep hope alive, i'm saying no delay for rogers, no idea for telus. like above, i'll believe it when it's in my hand.
    09-18-10 09:38 PM
    i voted they will

i am hoping a little reverse psychology may help out, you know its worth a shot
    09-18-10 10:02 PM
    i voted they will

i am hoping a little reverse psychology may help out, you know its worth a shot
    Very clever! ... perhaps TOO clever! DUN DUN!
    09-18-10 10:06 PM
    its true...
    09-18-10 10:09 PM
    Haha Nice! I'll change my vote..
    09-18-10 10:14 PM
    Remember guys, the carrier is who approves the os, so hopefully this is just a matter of Bell not liking .214 or whatever version it's suppose to launch with.

Of course I'm just being optimistic. I have a sinking feeling that Telus users may not see the Torch this Friday.
    09-18-10 10:39 PM
    I voted yes. I hope I'm wrong, even though I'm hardly ever wrong.
    09-18-10 10:51 PM
    But what about best buy? They didnt say anything about it being delayed... They took preorders, so that must mean they know their getting the shipment. It would be crazy that they tell everyone to go on the 24th when they aren't even sure themselves...
    09-18-10 11:04 PM
    But what about best buy? They didnt say anything about it being delayed... They took preorders, so that must mean they know their getting the shipment. It would be crazy that they tell everyone to go on the 24th when they aren't even sure themselves...
    Best buy is at the mercy of the wireless carriers. They are allocated a certain amount of the carriers stock - Up until last week Bell thought they were releasing the 24th, but that's now changed. So in turn Best buy has to delay their release for the Bell units.
    09-18-10 11:12 PM
    True, Its okay for bell to change the date because.. they didnt even give an original release date! Its wrong that best buy is telling us to pick out of a list of carriers and that we will get the phone on the 24th. They should make sure that the carrier can guarentee it before trying to sell it to us.. So I guess, like what lots of people are saying, I WONT BELIEVE IT TILL I SEE IT IN MY HANDS. Canadians always have to wait. We're patient right guys? (like we have a choice)
    Last edited by thumper007; 09-18-10 at 11:25 PM.
    09-18-10 11:17 PM
    True, Its okay for bell to change the date because.. they didnt even give an original release date! Its wrong that best buy is telling us to pick out of a list of carriers and that we will get the phone on the 24th. They should make sure that the carrier can guarentee it before trying to sell it to us.. So I guess, like what lots of people are saying, I WONT BELIEVE IT TILL I SEE IT IN MY HANDS. Canadians always have to wait. We're patient right guys? (like we have a choice)
    Bell had a Sept 24 release date posted on their website for the past 2 weeks. They just changed it to say Oct 1 and a day later "Coming soon".
    09-18-10 11:26 PM
    I believe Telus was the only carrier that never actually announced a date, so if they don't launch on the 24th, its technically not a delay. I'm still hoping that Rogers somehow got the inside track on the first shipments of Canadian Torches and will launch on time.

09-19-10 12:13 AM
    I have a feeling we will all have to wait...hope im wrong though
    09-19-10 12:45 AM
    The carriers are the ones that have to approve of the OS for the phone to be released not RIM. So lets just hope Bell is the only one that disapproves of the OS.
    09-19-10 03:56 AM
    It also deals with distribution networks. Which carriers can get it out to ALL their stores in time for launch date. I think Rogers will be fine.
    09-19-10 08:16 AM
    I believe Telus was the only carrier that never actually announced a date, so if they don't launch on the 24th, its technically not a delay. I'm still hoping that Rogers somehow got the inside track on the first shipments of Canadian Torches and will launch on time.

TELUS announced they were planning to launch on the 24th on their Twitter page as well as in a press release. The date was also confirmed to sales people internally. However, you are correct that the Torch page on their web site always said "Coming Soon".

By the way, I just checked and the Rogers Torch page still says September 24th.

I still voted YES because I don't see Bell and Virgin delaying this launch unless they absolutely have to and I don't really see how, realistically, they could have a major issue that doesn't impact TELUS as well. They are on the same HSPA+ network after all.

I'm upset with the delay personally as I have an offer from Retentions that's based on a promotion that will expire September 30th. I also have a feeling that once we get the phone in our hands on October 1st (or 8th, if some rumors are to be believed) we will find it is identical to those that have been shipping on AT&T since mid-August. It will have a more recent build of the OS, but we could have installed that ourselves in 20 minutes.
    09-19-10 08:55 AM
    TELUS announced they were planning to launch on the 24th on their Twitter page as well as in a press release. The date was also confirmed to sales people internally. However, you are correct that the Torch page on their web site always said "Coming Soon".

By the way, I just checked and the Rogers Torch page still says September 24th.

I still voted YES because I don't see Bell and Virgin delaying this launch unless they absolutely have to and I don't really see how, realistically, they could have a major issue that doesn't impact TELUS as well. They are on the same HSPA+ network after all.

I'm upset with the delay personally as I have an offer from Retentions that's based on a promotion that will expire September 30th. I also have a feeling that once we get the phone in our hands on October 1st (or 8th, if some rumors are to be believed) we will find it is identical to those that have been shipping on AT&T since mid-August. It will have a more recent build of the OS, but we could have installed that ourselves in 20 minutes.
    Other than the OS what else would you expect them to change?
    09-19-10 09:36 AM
68 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD