I am not unhappy..but then I have AT&T
    Your lucky I got t mobile frown

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-03-10 06:59 PM
    I guess so, but I've never unlocked a phone before to use with my carrier. For some reason it makes me nervous. I prefer using phones that have been 'approved' by my carrier to ensure I receive full support for it.
    You can unlock it but you wont get 3G.
    That's reason enough for me NOT to unlock

Nevertheless, you ASKED what you could do, and there is your answer, other than switching to AT&T. If it's not an acceptable alternative, oh well. However, it's not like you have zero options, you just don't like the options you do have. Oooooh well.
    08-04-10 11:02 AM
    Lol, idk about all that nonsense! Besides, the best phones really aren't the best when the network sucks!
    While AT&T may not be good in your hood, I can not remember having a dropped call in a long time. AT&T rules in Jacksonville, Atlanta the place I travel.

I do admit that if I left AT&T I would give Verizone a shot, but they have such old equipment! LOL!
    08-04-10 11:07 AM
    Nevertheless, you ASKED what you could do, and there is your answer, other than switching to AT&T. If it's not an acceptable alternative, oh well. However, it's not like you have zero options, you just don't like the options you do have. Oooooh well.
    Actually I DIDN'T ask for advice....'what can you do?' is a common cliche. Sounds like you got up on the wrong side of the bed today pal.
    08-04-10 11:09 AM
    How much better is the 9800 than the best BB ones own carrier sells?

Anyway, more of the backwards system in the US, where you pretty much have to go to a carrier to get your device. You should be able to buy your device and then go to any carrier you want for service.
    08-04-10 11:14 AM
    As I stated Monday.. it seems that AT&T get the goods. Well, I'm not switching just for a phone and if Blackberry keeps it up.. I'm leaving for good....
    08-04-10 11:31 AM
    Who else is unhappy that the Torch is going to be sold exclusively at AT&T???? I know that I am!!! I mean RIM blew up the Storm and how it's going to be the next best thing.....it wasn't. And of course Verizon stopped selling it due to sales and well the Storm 2 was out. Rim should sell unlocked phones themselves so that people can choose who they want to go to. When will Verizon be getting this? will they have something similar come down the line later? At least i have the 9650 now that will get the get OS6

NJB
    It's my understanding that AT&T gets exclusivity for only 6 months. My hope is after that it will be made available for T-Mobile ... just in time to upgrade
    08-04-10 11:36 AM
    Well I know tmo is getting the 9780
    I am guessing with it being a 97xx it is part of the Bold Series? Will it also be running 6.0?
    Last edited by osutuba; 08-04-10 at 11:59 AM.
    08-04-10 11:43 AM
    Actually I DIDN'T ask for advice....'what can you do?' is a common cliche. Sounds like you got up on the wrong side of the bed today pal.

You actually did pose the question, no matter how you meant it. And believe me, I'm quite fine with whether you are sad about this or not. I'm good, pal.
    08-04-10 01:07 PM
34 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD