Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    yes please
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Who else is dis-pleased with.....

Who else is unhappy that the Torch is going to be sold exclusively at AT&T???? I know that I am!!! I mean RIM blew up the Storm and how it's going to be the next best thing.....it wasn't. And of course Verizon stopped selling it due to sales and well the Storm 2 was out. Rim should sell unlocked phones themselves so that people can choose who they want to go to. When will Verizon be getting this? will they have something similar come down the line later? At least i have the 9650 now that will get the get OS6

NJB
    I want an app that allows the phone to read your finger print instead of typing a password. Who can do it??
    CrackBerry User

I'm unhappy about this too!
    Wish T-mobile would get the Torch...
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,168 Global Posts

I am not unhappy..but then I have AT&T
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    944 Global Posts
    PIN
    Ask Me!

lol.. Either get over it or switch to AT&T. That simple
    CrackBerry Ph.D.

Global Posts
    5,991 Global Posts
    PIN
    BOSCO

The AT&T crowd was unhappy 2 years ago when we got Storm. It's not the end of the world, it's sure not worth switching to the nation's slowest 3G network either.
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    PIN
    2134b084

I live in the UK so AT&T having an exclusive doesn't really bother me. However I really dislike all this carrier exclusive crap.

From my perspective it seems anti competitive. AT&T can charge whatever they like for this device because nobody else offers it. If you want the product you have to go to them.

It's like buying a new HDTV but only being allowed to use it on a specific cable provider.
    CrackBerry Abuser

it worked for the iPhone
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    yes please
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #8  

Ummmm do i need to bring up the iPhone 4 problems? I am surely not switching to AT&T not for a phone. I just think that ,like Rob.Elliot said, it's stupid to offer exclusiveness to a company. What should draw the people in is service. I should be allowed to buy whatever hone I want and go where ever I want. I just hope that they don't strangle all the goodness out of the phone and brand to have people end up with something like the iPhone 4 later down the line, cause then it will be offered to Verizon exclusively ha ha

NJB
    I want an app that allows the phone to read your finger print instead of typing a password. Who can do it??
    CrackBerry Genius

PIN
    safety, rolling, clothes, hair, bowling, bobby?

You know theres another rant thread or 2 about the same exact thing right?
    CrackBerry Addict

All these rant threads.... unless you were at the event today and played with the 9800, how can you say anything good or bad about it?

Just like the political climate today...... we are so divided.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Well, RIM isn't going to steal (back) iPhone customers if they don't debut their latest & greatest on AT&T. You can't beat the enemy if you aren't even on the same battlefield.

I'm upset that I can't get the 9800 ASAP but I can see why they are doing this.
    Banned

Global Posts
    6,600 Global Posts
    PIN
    Not - NO!

Quote Originally Posted by njbourne23 View Post
    Who else is unhappy that the Torch is going to be sold exclusively at AT&T???? I know that I am!!! I mean RIM blew up the Storm and how it's going to be the next best thing.....it wasn't. And of course Verizon stopped selling it due to sales and well the Storm 2 was out. Rim should sell unlocked phones themselves so that people can choose who they want to go to. When will Verizon be getting this? will they have something similar come down the line later? At least i have the 9650 now that will get the get OS6

NJB
    Fair or not, AT&T always gets the best. I love AT&T!
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    269 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by njbourne23 View Post

NJB
    What good would this phone (unlocked) be to you on Verizon?

Quote Originally Posted by mjlin2002 View Post
    I'm unhappy about this too!
    Wish T-mobile would get the Torch...
    At least you have an option to get one and be able to use it.. spend the money if you want it that badly.
    A friend in need is a pest.
    CrackBerry Addict

I'm also disappointed since I'm a T-Mobile customer but what can you do? No way will I switch carriers for the Torch.

Guess I'll be using my 9700 for a while.
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    623 Global Posts
    PIN
    Google Talk Now!

Well I know tmo is getting the 9780
    Don't judge me from yesterday cause today I have moved on.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    286 Global Posts

Displeased?

Give me a break, that's putting it a little lightly.

AT&T can go to he||!!! I'm another one of those who has been waiting for 2 years for a touch screen BB with a physical keyboard. They finally build one and it's not on my network: Verizon.

I have 5 phones on Verizon so I can't just switch over to AT&T that easily. Plus AT&T's network is well known in northern New Jersey for sucking big time.

Come on RIM, let Verizon sell this baby!!!
    CrackBerry Ph.D.

Global Posts
    5,991 Global Posts
    PIN
    BOSCO

Quote Originally Posted by greggebhardt View Post
    Fair or not, AT&T always gets the best. I love AT&T!
    Lol, idk about all that nonsense! Besides, the best phones really aren't the best when the network sucks!
    CrackBerry Genius

PIN

Quote Originally Posted by trees247 View Post
    Well I know tmo is getting the 9780
    How do you know that?
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    269 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kcmo View Post
    I'm also disappointed since I'm a T-Mobile customer but what can you do? No way will I switch carriers for the Torch.

Guess I'll be using my 9700 for a while.

What can you do? Unlock one and use it.
    A friend in need is a pest.
    CrackBerry Addict

Quote Originally Posted by slab0meat View Post
    What can you do? Unlock one and use it.
    I guess so, but I've never unlocked a phone before to use with my carrier. For some reason it makes me nervous. I prefer using phones that have been 'approved' by my carrier to ensure I receive full support for it.
    CrackBerry Genius

PIN

You can unlock it but you wont get 3G.
    CrackBerry Addict

Quote Originally Posted by Pi Guy 3.14 View Post
    You can unlock it but you wont get 3G.
    That's reason enough for me NOT to unlock
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    yes please
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #23  

Agreed i mean if i unlock it and don't get the perks of Verizon service....it'll be like i had AT&T.......which is spotty and tends to drop calls from everyone i know that has it

NJB
    CrackBerry Abuser

It's only exclusive to ATT because it's the only dam carrier in the USA to support 850/1900 GSM, aka the network technology and frequency that the rest of the world uses. They're not going to make an AWS phone before they make a 850/1900 one and ditto on making a CDMA version first. They're only giving ATT exclusivity because they have to remake the Torch for AWS (maybe) and then CDMA (probably). They've done this with EVERY PHONE THEY'VE RELEASED - except the pearl.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    425 Global Posts

How is everyone saying that TMO is NOT getting the 9800 when a day ago everyone was reporting that AT&T has a 3-6 month exclusive. Is there a press release or official announcement that I missed? Even the IPhone exclusive ended eventually...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast