I have a new Torch 9800 and had a Bold 9000 since it's inception. SO i'm not a BB newbie. I have gone through and set up my three email accounts and seperated my text messages from these accounts. I have followed the tutorials from ATT and still can not find my text messages from people who know how to send them. Is there something so obvious that I am not doing that I am going to look stupid? I don't care... but the rest of the phone is fantastic. Please help
    Frustrated texter needing a fix
    woodstocktennisnut
    Last edited by woodstocktennisnut; 03-08-11 at 10:24 AM. Reason: mispelled word in subject line
    03-08-11 09:56 AM
    Are you actually receiving text messages and they are just not appearing in your messages section?
    woodstocktennisnut likes this.
    03-08-11 10:04 AM
    There is a text message icon if you separate them from the main messages icon, although even if you don't they should show in both places.
    03-08-11 10:07 AM
    Are you actually receiving text messages and they are just not appearing in your messages section?
    I have someone sit across the room from me and send me a text message and it never arrives. I look under text message icon and the messages ico. I can send out text messages all over the place. I made sure that my text function was not turned off by ATTT, but we are all good. Many Thanks
    woodstocktennisnut still perplexed.
    03-08-11 10:21 AM
    I have someone sit across the room from me and send me a text message and it never arrives. I look under text message icon and the messages ico. I can send out text messages all over the place. I made sure that my text function was not turned off by ATTT, but we are all good. Many Thanks
    woodstocktennisnut still perplexed.
    So you solved your problem? What was wrong?
    03-08-11 10:23 AM
    No.. I still not able to recieve text messages. I checked with my ATT rep and she checked to make sure phone had not been removed from account and text messages. I still have it on my account. I have someone I know send me a text message so I know its coming in but have yet to find it. It says on there phone it was sent but I can't recieve it. I can send text to anyone but not get them back.

Still perplexed
    woodstocktennisnut
    03-08-11 10:29 AM
    Maybe a dumb question, but have you tried a battery pull?

Are you receiving a notification of a txt message but cant find the message? or just not receiving anything?
    03-08-11 10:32 AM
    i had that issue with a couple of people. they were sprint and I'm att. they would text me and nothing would arrive. i could text them, and they'd get it.

Some suggestions:
    1. can you text them?
    2. have them do a battery pull, then send you another text.
    3. check their texting options.
    03-08-11 10:37 AM
    I have done a shut down and a hard battery shock(battery pull). I can send to anyone a text. The red astrix mark is not appearing when a know person is texting me back in my messages or in the text message icon. What next?

frustrated still,

woodstocktennisnut
    03-08-11 10:40 AM
    Maybe a dumb question, but have you tried a battery pull?

Are you receiving a notification of a txt message but cant find the message? or just not receiving anything?
    no notification of message coming in anywhere. Can't find a message anywhere on omy phone when a known texter helps me out. They are lost some where. Very frustrating. What next?

woodstocktennisnut
    03-08-11 10:42 AM
    I'm at a loss here and have not heard of this issue before now. My best suggestion is to do a backup of your stuff with the desktop manager, then reload the OS. Might clear it up as it sounds to me like a glitch in the OS. If that doesn't clear it up I think I would look into getting a replacement be it warranty or taking it back to ATT as a defective device(if your within the 30 day return policy).

Just a side not,
    You keep mentioned a "known texter". Are you just using this as a test or are your texts just not showing up from these people, and showing from everyone else(IE texts not showing from people in your contacts list but show from everyone else)
    03-08-11 10:54 AM
    Just had a thought after posting the last comment.

Did you do a device switch wizard in DM with your 9700?

There have been several odd issues with OS6 when people do that coming from an OS5 device. Usually a security wipe takes care of it, but if your not a BB newbie(your own words here) then I would skip that and just do a wipe with BBsak and a reload of the OS.
    03-08-11 10:56 AM
    I'm at a loss here and have not heard of this issue before now. My best suggestion is to do a backup of your stuff with the desktop manager, then reload the OS. Might clear it up as it sounds to me like a glitch in the OS. If that doesn't clear it up I think I would look into getting a replacement be it warranty or taking it back to ATT as a defective device(if your within the 30 day return policy).

Just a side not,
    You keep mentioned a "known texter". Are you just using this as a test or are your texts just not showing up from these people, and showing from everyone else(IE texts not showing from people in your contacts list but show from everyone else)
    The phone is two days old. Had no luck setting the texting function up from day one. The known texter is someone in my contacts list like a friend or my wife. I send them a text or ask them to reply to my text. It never comes through to my phone. SO I too am at a loss on this one. I've had Curves, Bolds and now a Torch and never LOST my ability to recieve text messages.

Thanks
    woodstocktennisnut
    03-08-11 11:01 AM
    I'm using a Torch on teh Rogers Network and running .450 (latest Unofficial OS). The phone works great, except I am receiveing NO texts. I can send texts and they arrive are their destination, but I don't get anything people send to me. Anyone else seen this? Any ideas? I've tried the usual, take the battery out trick, but no luck.
    03-08-11 11:30 AM
    Woodstocktennisnut-

In text message options, under "Message Filtering", are both items listed, checked (which they should be)? Just wondering if you're filtering msgs and didn't realize it. Just a thought.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-08-11 04:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD