Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    PIN
    22E2012E
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Question Where does the magnet need to be?

I need a new case.

I didn't see where this was answered specific to the Torch, but where does the magnet need to be located to put the Torch to sleep?

The one I purchased was a generic one and the magnet is obviously in the wrong place as my Torch doesn't sleep nor does it activate the holster functions.

I don't want to make the same mistake twice when I get another one. Even some of the ones listed in the Crackberry store that say they work with the Torch the reviews say they don't.

However, neither do I want to spend major $$$$ if there is a generic case with the magnet in the proper place (or I could move it there .
    AJ Walker
    Micah 6:8
    PIN 22E2012E
    CrackBerry Genius

You can take any magnet (well, assuming it's not completely inert) and slide it along the body of the phone until your screen goes blank.
    Blatant placeholder signature.
    CrackBerry Addict

It needs to be midscreen area on the torch.
    CrackBerry User

+1.
    It is in the mid-section of the screen.
    One way to test is use the magnetic flip of your case to slide along the phone and you will find that out.
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    PIN
    22E2012E
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #5  

Thanks everyone.

I tried the magnet test and it worked like a charm. Magnet is dead center in the back. No recognition from the same spot in the front.

Now I know I don't have to buy a new case, I'll just mod the one I bought at a considerable savings.

Now where did I put that Exacto knife .....

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    CrackBerry Newbie

Default Slipped magnets

My case ceased to put my Torch 9810 to sleep.

I only noticed this when my battery began draining quicker.

Seems that the front and rear magnets slipped to the bottom of the case. I was able to bring them back to center screen through the inner fabric and glue them in place with some hobby glue in a hypodermic.