I need a new case.

I didn't see where this was answered specific to the Torch, but where does the magnet need to be located to put the Torch to sleep?

The one I purchased was a generic one and the magnet is obviously in the wrong place as my Torch doesn't sleep nor does it activate the holster functions.

I don't want to make the same mistake twice when I get another one. Even some of the ones listed in the Crackberry store that say they work with the Torch the reviews say they don't.

However, neither do I want to spend major $$$$ if there is a generic case with the magnet in the proper place (or I could move it there .
    01-20-11 12:41 AM
    You can take any magnet (well, assuming it's not completely inert) and slide it along the body of the phone until your screen goes blank.
    01-20-11 02:36 AM
    It needs to be midscreen area on the torch.
    01-20-11 07:31 AM
    +1.
    It is in the mid-section of the screen.
    One way to test is use the magnetic flip of your case to slide along the phone and you will find that out.
    01-20-11 07:58 AM
    Thanks everyone.

I tried the magnet test and it worked like a charm. Magnet is dead center in the back. No recognition from the same spot in the front.

Now I know I don't have to buy a new case, I'll just mod the one I bought at a considerable savings.

Now where did I put that Exacto knife .....

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-20-11 11:23 AM
    My case ceased to put my Torch 9810 to sleep.

I only noticed this when my battery began draining quicker.

Seems that the front and rear magnets slipped to the bottom of the case. I was able to bring them back to center screen through the inner fabric and glue them in place with some hobby glue in a hypodermic.
    11-14-12 03:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD