Bought my wife a very nice white Torch and was playing around with it last night. Spent a better part of a half-hour hiding useless pay widgets and AT&T bloatware.

But one that I hadn't come across yet was Where?. What is that and what does it do?

Also, am I right in seeing that not only is there a Blackberry App Store, but an ATT App Store, too? UGH! Too many choices!

I'm really gunshy about just clicking to see what a widget does because AT&T requires opting-OUT to cancel a trial subscription.

On a separate note, what are the best apps to take advantage of the accelerometer and other cool new Torch/OS 6 features?

Thanks!
    11-18-10 07:28 AM
    Where is very similar to Poynt. It is a locate ap for restaurants, gas, shopping, etc. I used it on my 8310 when Where was a free ap. It now is a monthly subscription program costing $2.99 a month. IMO it isn't worth the cost, espicially when Poynt does essentially the same thing, does it well and is free.

Add Crackberry's ap store to your list, great site!

There are several free or trial games you can try to check out the accelerometer - such as Labyrinth.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by Goldfinch; 11-18-10 at 08:26 AM.
    11-18-10 08:12 AM
    Before you go to apps, I hope you did buy for your wife's white Torch a protective case. Some one dropped his 3 days old white torch in this forum and scratched the new bezel. I could almost feel his pain...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-18-10 08:19 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD