I assigned a few tones from the included ones for my email and text and meeting appointments but they are so close together and generic that I'm having a hard time telling which is which. I know in time I will, but every time I upgrade my blackberry I take advantage of the fact that the sounds are better and try to use something new.

What are people using for their email notifier? Also, Text notifier and meeting appointment notifier.

Also, any good collections of tones out there I can download? Every site I go to you have to preview them one and a time and even when looking in the "sounds" categories, it's just a lot of hip hop and screaming stuff.

Would like some non-music interesting sounds for my new Torch.
    10-26-10 02:04 PM
    i use the Super Mario Bros. coin for BBM, Power up for texts and Duck hunt dog laugh for email, all of these were from the ringtones section here on crackberry
    10-26-10 02:12 PM
    I used the bb9000 tones that someone had in a zip file here.
    10-26-10 02:13 PM
    I use a variety, including the Bionic Woman sound and the Codec from Metal Gear Solid. I got them and others from the ringtones section here at Crackberry. I agree that the default ones are generic and sound alike.
    10-26-10 02:15 PM
    I use notifier_lightspeed for email and notifier_sonar for text. Classic BB sounds.

You can find a link to install all the "classic" BB sounds -that weren't included with the Torch- in my signature.
    10-26-10 04:45 PM
    i use the Super Mario Bros. coin for BBM, Power up for texts and Duck hunt dog laugh for email, all of these were from the ringtones section here on crackberry
    Nice! I use the Super Mario Bros. coin for my Calendar events. I use the 1-up mushroom sound for my BBM. My text messages is the regular power up mushroom. My e-mail is the ring from the TV show 24.
    10-26-10 06:15 PM
    Text messages is Light speed remix. Email is vibrate only. Ubertwitter is Considerate. Alarm is Evolving Dream.

I like the native sounds, and once you get used to them you now whats what. I tried the standard OS5 ringtones and they just didn't sound as good as they did on my curve. I also make my own ringtones from my favorite mp3's
    10-26-10 06:52 PM
    I don't have an email notification sound. I just have the setting for the LED light.
    My calendar events - "Shimmer" (came with the phone)
    Text - a little and slightly high british kinda voice saying "let me out. I'm stuck in your pocket". Have to have a little fun here and there.
    10-26-10 10:02 PM
    I use ringtones I made by cutting mp3 files in audacity. My text message ringtone is the bass intro to Megadeth's Peace Sells (since they're my favourite band) and my emails I set to vibrate only.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-26-10 11:15 PM
    Wifes txt; your_love
    Daughter's txt; sweet _child_of_mine
    Txt; good_bye
    FB; wildside
    Email; copper_head_road
    phone; rockstar
    Wifes_ringtone; i_love_you
    Daughter's_ringtone; better_than_me

10-26-10 11:26 PM
    Love that you are using Super Mario Bros sounds....
    10-27-10 12:09 AM
    E-mail's are AOL's classic "you've got mail!", text is bbpro_advance, bbm is Confidence, Facebook is Lightspeed remix. They get the job done for me...lol. wouldn't mind checking out some of the other tones though...
    10-27-10 02:39 AM
    Emails, text, Facebook, and all things BBM are BBPro_Confirm
    Google Talk is Astute
    Calendar is BBPro_Alarm
    Ringtone is 3 Beeps

I switched the LEDs rather than the tones to notify me. It's much easier as the phone is usually in vibrate-only or silent mode. I find ringers and notifier sounds kind of tacky unless subtle. Astute and BBPro_Confirm are great for that. BBPro_Alarm is terrifyingly noisy so it's also my alarm clock lol
    10-27-10 07:24 AM
    The Blackberry website has additional ringtones, a few of which I use, e.g., cheerful chimes & steel drumz (my alarm; it's loud).

10-27-10 07:39 AM
    i downloaded the new playbook sounds from the bb dev kit in the hotfile zip and have now upgraded my bbm new message notification from "Astute" to "NOTIF000". try it, you will like it.
    10-27-10 11:27 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD