I have a 9800 and I have been looking at the bill and see under my texts a "wap.cingular" sent, its at 12:00 am through 4:30 am Im sleeping at those times
    unless Im sleep texting LOL does anyone know whats using this or whats going on?

Thanks
    Kevin
    11-16-11 02:11 PM
    That is usually listed as "data", not text. It's type should be listed as "Internet/MEdia Net". Usually seen with a bunch of "blackberry.net" entries too.

I have no idea what "wap.cingular" is, but I assume it's AT&T connecting to the phone constantly. Everything we do should go through BIS at "blackberry.net". And you shouldn't see any entries while in wifi, but I still see big chunks of data (anywhere from 2 to as much as 10 MB) going over the mobile network in the middle of the night a few times a week when it should all be over wifi and not picked up by the mobile network at all. That's one mystery I've yet to figure out. Even if I turn my phone off at night, as soon as I turn it on, I'll see the little arrows in the upper right corner going nuts for several minutes and I'm not doing anything and nothing unusual is running. Even though my phone connected to the wifi at the house right after turning it on. I'll later check my usage online and see a big ol' 5 MB chunk of data used right about the time I turned my phone on. Oh, and it went through "blackberry.net" too. Still don't know what that's about.

Texts lists a number that it's coming from or going to and lists the type as "Text/IM Messaging".

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-16-11 05:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD