Just talked to a Telus rep in store today who has done some training on the Torch already. According to him, it should be released in the next few weeks....
    Rogers said "next few weeks" as well which doesn't really give us an idea of how long it takes.
    08-11-10 07:46 PM
    As far as I have heard, you can only get the phone with a 2 year contract (at this point). The ETF (early termination fee) is $325, so $199 for phone + $325 is what you would end up paying (Plus activation and monthly plan fees) if you choose to go that route.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Thanks for that. My only question now is will they sell a contract to a Canadian or do you have to be a permanent resident of the US?
    08-11-10 08:45 PM
    Just talked to a Telus rep in store today who has done some training on the Torch already. According to him, it should be released in the next few weeks....
    In another thread I have posted a link to a BerryFix (I believe) news item that said TELUS was launching the Torch on September 16th.
    08-11-10 08:46 PM
    Thanks for that. My only question now is will they sell a contract to a Canadian or do you have to be a permanent resident of the US?
    Yes. I assume you do actually. I called Worst Buy and they will be selling them for $699!!! Geez.

08-11-10 08:48 PM
    Yes. I assume you do actually. I called Worst Buy and they will be selling them for $699!!! Geez.

Ya but will BestBuy require you to sign a contract?
    08-11-10 09:16 PM
    Ya but will BestBuy require you to sign a contract?
    actual no you wont have to sign a contract it actual makes me wonder if its worth it. hom much will it be when it does come to canada with out a contract about 699 plus 13% tax.
    maybe i will go for a drive tonight what do you guys think.
    08-13-10 03:03 PM
    Sign up with AT&T, buy the phone for the 2-year contract price, then cancel on the spot :P
    I'm pretty sure they've thought of that haha. You have to pay for 15 months before you can cancel. Or something like that.
    08-13-10 03:15 PM
32 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD