I have a yellow icon that appeared to the left of my temperature icon. It looks identical to the wifi symbol but its all yellow and has a 1 to the L of it. I'm on my torch but will try to post a screenshot if needed when I get home.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-13-10 10:21 AM
    Capture8_18_45.jpg

11-13-10 10:22 AM
    Here's the screenshot
    11-13-10 10:31 AM
    are you using a stock theme?
    what applications do you have running?

Some themes have different icon sets for different notifications.
    if you are using a 3rd party theme, i would revert back to the stock theme, and see if the icon changes.
    11-13-10 10:41 AM
    I think that means that you have one unread RSS feed.
    11-13-10 11:33 AM
    WIFI connection I believe.
    11-13-10 11:46 AM
    it is a wifi connection available... you logged into a wifi spot at one time and are now in that area again and the phone is asking if you want to log in again to that hotspot. Mine does it every time I return home because I have a wifi hotspot that it finds and wants to log into.

just click on it and it should ask if you want to log in to the hotspot or cancel.
    11-13-10 11:59 AM
    I don't have the stock theme and have used my current theme long before I noticed this notification icon. When I have a new rss feed its a differnet icon not this. I was @ home and was on wifi but there hasn't been any other wifi places around.

I did battery pull and it went away... But still wondering what may have caused this..
    11-13-10 04:08 PM
    I tried clicking on it but nothing happened
    No apps were running except for the standard ones
    11-13-10 04:08 PM
    On the setup wifi network page, click the blackberry button then options. Unselect "prompt me when a saved hotspot is found bearby". Found this by accidenti
    Greggzy

03-13-11 04:36 PM
    phone has entered self destruct mode, security parameters breached
    03-15-11 02:49 PM
    its letting you know when you are near a free at&t hotspot. i get that icon when i pass by or am in a starbucks sometimes.
    03-15-11 03:27 PM
    Just go to set Up wifi connection and it'll show you want it wants to notify you about...

03-15-11 08:11 PM
    WiFi Hotspot icon

Indicates a WiFi Hotspot.
    NOTE: A captive portal will open in the browser to specify payment options and/or security credentials. Payment options or security credentials may be required to access the public network (hotspot) and may vary depending on the network provider. Please contact the Wi-Fi network provider for more information.
    Attached Thumbnails what is this yellow notification icon?-wifihotspot.jpg  
    02-12-13 02:43 PM
    WiFi Hotspot icon

Indicates a WiFi Hotspot.
    NOTE: A captive portal will open in the browser to specify payment options and/or security credentials. Payment options or security credentials may be required to access the public network (hotspot) and may vary depending on the network provider. Please contact the Wi-Fi network provider for more information.
    02-12-13 02:44 PM
    As everyone above said, its the free wifi hotspot icon. I get that icon everytime I walk out of my house because BT's hotspot is bloody everywhere. Turning off your wifi resolves the issue.
    02-13-13 04:28 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD