Everything that was on my media card was all of a sudden deleted =( and said that it need to be reformatted...

i have tried to restore it, but it only restores phone data. All of my pictures, videos, etc are all gone. And now everything the phone asks me if I want to format the media card, (which should be already formatted) it supposedly formats it. It says format successful, but in the background it says this media card is not formatted, do you want to format it...

This goes on over and over. What is wrong with you people at rim? Are you serious?

I don't even want those items back, I just want to reformat my damn media card JESUS. Someone please help me.

Edit:

I've got my media card working again, but why did this even happen in the first place? Unreliable piece oh sh*t. Does anyone know why did everything get delete? Was it some kind of virus? Which is very unlikely. I am so annoyed right now ARGH
    Last edited by ScoobySnackssx; 05-10-11 at 05:08 AM.
    05-10-11 05:00 AM
    Everything that was on my media card was all of a sudden deleted =( and said that it need to be reformatted...

i have tried to restore it, but it only restores phone data. All of my pictures, videos, etc are all gone. And now everything the phone asks me if I want to format the media card, (which should be already formatted) it supposedly formats it. It says format successful, but in the background it says this media card is not formatted, do you want to format it...

This goes on over and over. What is wrong with you people at rim? Are you serious?

I don't even want those items back, I just want to reformat my damn media card JESUS. Someone please help me.

Edit:

I've got my media card working again, but why did this even happen in the first place? Unreliable piece oh sh*t. Does anyone know why did everything get delete? Was it some kind of virus? Which is very unlikely. I am so annoyed right now ARGH
    Since when is this RIM's fault? Did you do a battery pull?
    05-10-11 05:53 AM

I don't even want those items back, I just want to reformat my xxxx media card JESUS. Someone please help me.

Edit:

I've got my media card working again, but why did this even happen in the first place? Unreliable piece oh xxxx. Does anyone know why did everything get delete? Was it some kind of virus? Which is very unlikely. I am so annoyed right now ARGH
    You are yelling at the wrong company.

SD cards sometimes get corrupted. It just happens. Backup the card manually on a regular basis. If it keeps happening, try a different brand card.

And posting with profanities is a quick way to lose credibility.
    05-10-11 05:58 AM
    You are yelling at the wrong company.

SD cards sometimes get corrupted. It just happens. Backup the card manually on a regular basis. If it keeps happening, try a different brand card.

And posting with profanities is a quick way to lose credibility.
    So if I'd store everything in my internal memory I wouldn't have been in this situation?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-10-11 06:24 AM
    So if I'd store everything in my internal memory I wouldn't have been in this situation?

No, that's not what she said. If you backed up the SD card to your computer more often then you wouldn't have lost your stuff.
    05-10-11 10:27 AM

If you store all your media in device memory, you will quickly run out of room for apps.
    05-10-11 10:31 AM
    If you store all your media in device memory, you will quickly run out of room for apps.
    Correct. And then complain about rim making slow devices... Use a name brand microSD card. You should format a brand new, or any card for that matter, from your device first, as it adds come core directories etc... When backing up your device through desktop manager (I try and do this once a week, cause you never know when your phone will break, be dropped, lost, stolen, fall in the toilet etc...) There is an option to back up your media card contents along with the device's contents.

You could equally drag the contents from the microSD card (as a usb drive) to a folder on your computer.

The only think I keep on my device's memory (apart from the OS, and apps, and core stuff that cannot be saved to the micro SD) is ringtones, as if you are in mass stoage mode, or take the card out, or it's faulty, then the assigned tones, saved to the card, will not work...

05-10-11 10:37 AM
    So, Scooby Snackssx, the issues are these:

Have you been backing up your phone through DM, including your media? If so, then you can restore what has been saved back to your phone. If you haven't been, then it is unfortunately a lesson well learned. Do so regularly.

Since your media card is most likely bad, get a new one. Buy a good quality one...it will save you a lot of trouble in the long run. I know people who rush for the 32gb cards that are real cheap on ebay...but beware. Pay a little more for quality and you will be much happier.

Sorry you have lost all your pictures, but it sounds like an easy fix as far as your media card...just go buy a new one and you should be good to go.

And for future reference, it really is better to just explain the problem than to let your frustrations get the better of you and start blaming....sometimes what we discover is this: the words of Pogo are true "We have met the enemy and he is us!" :-)
    05-10-11 10:58 AM
    So, Scooby Snackssx, the issues are these:

Have you been backing up your phone through DM, including your media? If so, then you can restore what has been saved back to your phone. If you haven't been, then it is unfortunately a lesson well learned. Do so regularly.

Since your media card is most likely bad, get a new one. Buy a good quality one...it will save you a lot of trouble in the long run. I know people who rush for the 32gb cards that are real cheap on ebay...but beware. Pay a little more for quality and you will be much happier.

Sorry you have lost all your pictures, but it sounds like an easy fix as far as your media card...just go buy a new one and you should be good to go.

And for future reference, it really is better to just explain the problem than to let your frustrations get the better of you and start blaming....sometimes what we discover is this: the words of Pogo are true "We have met the enemy and he is us!" :-)
    Thank you everyone for you replies. There is one thing, I don't see the option to back up your sd card on DM. I could do it manually, but is there an option to do so through DM?

05-10-11 09:54 PM
    Thank you everyone for you replies. There is one thing, I don't see the option to back up your sd card on DM. I could do it manually, but is there an option to do so through DM?

If you have the newest version of the DM you will see on the lefthand side media sync. If you click on the Device tab at top right and corner a drop down menu will appear and it will let you choose what to sync and from what folder on your computer. Once all that is set up any new music or photos in either folder (computer or phone) will automatically load into the right folder.

After that if anything happen to you SD card and you need to drop in a new one all your photos and music will automatically get loaded onto your BB.

Good luck. Back up your data!!
    05-13-11 01:14 AM
    I had the same problem, then I changed a media card, everything is OK now.
    05-13-11 06:00 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD