I love my unlocked Bold. But I was looking at the ebay listings for an unlocked Torch, and they are going for over $500. So, I was thinking about using my corporate upgrade, getting the Torch for $200, then getting it unlocked and making a quick $300 after selling it on ebay. So, assuming I use the SIM that is activated when I purchase the Torch, will there be any impact on my 9000? The 9000 will still act like it does now from a voice/data standpoint, correct?
    08-17-10 10:44 AM
    I would not recommend using up your upgrade for a Torch and keeping an old Bold. The Bold is outdated now, and it will be even more outdated in another year. I plan to upgrade to the Torch, but not until next year, when my discount (including FAN) is even greater. There is no way that I will keep an old Bold as my primary device once my 2-year contract is over.
    08-17-10 10:53 AM
    It's not that outdated to me, still great for email (I'm on a BES) and phone calls. Plus, my company has a pretty robust account which allows me to get upgrades on an annual basis so I'm no worried about having the Bold for another 2 yrs.

Anyone have any insight on the question in the original post?
    08-17-10 10:57 AM
    When i upgraded from 9000 to 9700, there was no change to any of the plans that i had. I didn't even have to use the new sim that came with the 9700, i just inserted the old sim, they were both 3g, and went to activate the 9700 on the BIS site and all was well. in your case, i see the same thing happening.
    08-17-10 11:08 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD