Hi everybody,

Do I see it right, the Torch is incapable to connect to WEP secured networks with preshared key? It just says "failed to associate with network" and drives me insane...has anyone an idea if it is possible to fix this without any fancy firmware updates et cetera and without switching encryption to to WPA?
    04-23-11 02:36 PM
    Hi everybody,

Do I see it right, the Torch is incapable to connect to WEP secured networks with preshared key? It just says "failed to associate with network" and drives me insane...has anyone an idea if it is possible to fix this without any fancy firmware updates et cetera and without switching encryption to to WPA?
    Is your device activated on a BES? Many BES admins will lock out WEP by default, because WEP is highly vulnerable to be compromised in seconds by anyone with knowledge and is depreciated for all intensive purposes.

I was able to detect and attempt to connect to a WEP protected network locally in my neighbourhood, however I can't say with certainty that the entire connection flow works on my device, as my route doesn't even offer WEP.

I'd double check your key/passphrase and ensure your not hitting a wrong key, and have entered all digits correctly, and followed any upper/lower case sensitivities contained within it.

Worst case, you may be required to switch to a more up-to-date / secure technology (WPA) to connect your device.
    04-23-11 02:56 PM
    Is your device activated on a BES? Many BES admins will lock out WEP by default, because WEP is highly vulnerable to be compromised in seconds by anyone with knowledge and is depreciated for all intensive purposes.

I was able to detect and attempt to connect to a WEP protected network locally in my neighbourhood, however I can't say with certainty that the entire connection flow works on my device, as my route doesn't even offer WEP.

I'd double check your key/passphrase and ensure your not hitting a wrong key, and have entered all digits correctly, and followed any upper/lower case sensitivities contained within it.

Worst case, you may be required to switch to a more up-to-date / secure technology (WPA) to connect your device.
    Yes, if not on BES, then double check the WEP key entry. It me three times to get it right. Most likely due to switching btwn letters and numbers. Mine works well with no glitches.

Good luck.
    04-23-11 03:05 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD