So I got my new 9800 earlier today... Love it for the most part; it�s going to take some time to get use to. ..

My only issue is that when I am on a phone call I can hear a weird buzzing sound. I am not the anal type so for something like this to bother me it has to be bad... Then about 4 hours after having the phone, I heard a weird sound coming from my bb. It sounded somewhat like radio frequency interference... I am going to take it back and have them swap it out for a new one. I am just wondering if anyone else has had a similar encounter.
    08-13-10 03:58 PM
    alot of us are having the wierd (buzz,digital) sound while talking..Im on my second torch with the same problem..hopefully it can be fixed thru a software update..if not I will be going back to my 9000
    08-13-10 04:08 PM
    I too have notice the "buzzing" sound. it's more apparent when the phone is not in the "raised" position. When talking in the raised position, it's less noticeable. i think it has something to do with the microphone below the "caps" button.
    08-13-10 04:11 PM
    I too have the same problem and thought it was my phone. But after swapping first one and now reading this I am dissapointed. It can get really anoying
    08-17-10 12:38 AM
    I heard this too, immediately after getting the Torch the day it came out, and I swapped it out for yet another one today. Same buzzing during calls. But I realize I only notice it during INCOMING calls (and not through the hands-free headset or speakerphone). But the buzzing is definitely a flaw in the design of the phone, or the operating system... something is not 100% right with it. I love everything else about the Torch though. Darn, I suppose nothing can be perfect first time around. But if you guys find a fix to this issue, let me know!
    08-18-10 01:50 AM
    Install leaked OS .161. This is software related and the update will fix it. Worked like a charm for me as well as many other users.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-18-10 02:13 AM
    There is an unofficial leaked software out and it solves the issue, .161 I believe. I am hoping an official sw release shows up soon as I am on my 2nd torch because of it and problem remains.

08-18-10 02:15 AM
    Man I hate when I'm beat to the punch while typing, lol. Guess I should start typing faster :-)

08-18-10 02:16 AM
    When the official update is released - does it just get pushed to the phone directly? Will there still be the same installation hoops to jump though?

I have the sound quality issue (but am getting used to it a bit) and willing to wait if this fixes it and is fairly painless.
    08-18-10 10:57 AM
    There are several long threads already discussing this in depth...and yes .161 fixes it.
    08-18-10 10:59 AM
    Can someone post a link to the leaked OS download?

08-18-10 12:48 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD