So the last few updates through Weathereye, I've noticed that the program is constantly running. I.e., when I leave my device unused or lock it using the top button, when I go back in, the screen shows the WeatherEye program with whatever the last screen I looked at on it (i.e., hourly/current/long term forecast).

I've tried closing the ap using the Ap manager, but it won't close.

In the past this only happened whenever I upgraded the weather program, and usually went away after I uninstalled it, then rebooted it.

No such luck with this last update.

Any ideas? Just wondering if it's eating up battery or data, and it's just plain annoying.

Thx
    08-29-11 06:45 AM
    I felt your pain. Somewhere in these forums I found a link to get the beta version. I still have it cached:
    Betatesting Weather Eye

After upgrading to 2.4.4.8 things were better. I see that version is no longer available. I'll have a shot at the latest version 2.4.6.1 since it's available.

Edit: After starting the download, I see the link is for 2.4.6.2. After installing it hung out, but after rebooting it seems good, and it closes.
    Last edited by jalahandro; 08-29-11 at 07:51 AM.
    08-29-11 07:31 AM
    Thanks...may try to delete the program once again and install directly from Weather's website as it seemed to be working fine for me at first and just starting acting up again yesterday.

Otherwise I'll try another theme or OS...
    08-29-11 08:18 AM
    After re-installing I got hit where it was open after I left my berry for a while. I had no problem closing it, but I hate that too.

I disabled Show on Homescreen and Auto-Locate, and it hasn't opened on its own again. Not sure if it's either or both settings, but it's not bothering me anymore, and it loads the weather fast enough for me when I open it.
    08-29-11 04:52 PM
    hmm ... maybe it is the auto-locate and/or show on home screen thing. Will try to disable and see what happens, though I did like hte auto-locate function, it seemed buggy/slow at times.
    08-29-11 05:32 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD