A couple of weeks ago my Torch went through the wash. Did the rice remedy for 72 hours with battery out, slider open, and miraculously, IT WORKS AGAIN...well, almost.

The remaining issue is of course a huge one. The battery is showing at 1% consistently. I have tried a new battery, same thing. I have tried charging with the wall outlet and hooked to the USB, same thing. I have also tried my wifes charged battery, and it also shows at only 1%. So it's not the battery, and it is probably not the charger.

Any help or suggestions would be appreciated. The phone does come on, all functions seem to work, and the touchscreen also seems now to be working again as it did before.
    07-05-11 12:03 AM
    I wonder what theme can show 1%...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-05-11 12:35 AM
    I am not sure what you mean by that, death. A lot of apps out there can show battery life. (Even to 1% lol)

I don't have any ideas, op. Does it die within 1% or just not accurately show the level?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-05-11 05:38 AM
    A couple of weeks ago my Torch went through the wash. Did the rice remedy for 72 hours with battery out, slider open, and miraculously, IT WORKS AGAIN...well, almost.

The remaining issue is of course a huge one. The battery is showing at 1% consistently. I have tried a new battery, same thing. I have tried charging with the wall outlet and hooked to the USB, same thing. I have also tried my wifes charged battery, and it also shows at only 1%. So it's not the battery, and it is probably not the charger.

Any help or suggestions would be appreciated. The phone does come on, all functions seem to work, and the touchscreen also seems now to be working again as it did before.

So its only the battery display that is conked ? I am assuming that once you charge it for approx. 2 hrs, it lasts you for a day or 2, inspite of showing 1%. Is it? Just give it a few days and maybe it will rectify on its own or you would have to live with it

My 9780 took a wash and the Bluetooth radio is conked off. I am still waiting that it would start working on its own.
    07-05-11 05:59 AM
    okay, the battery shows up 1% but does it work like that too? I mean does it drain that easily too?? also check your battery in a different device (as you mentioned using your wife's charger, so take a fully charged battery, tested in your wife's phone and see if it shows up still as 1%) in your phone and more in her's. If the case is specific to your phone then I'd say it's time you need to take it to service and get it cleaned.
    07-05-11 06:02 AM
    Thanks everyone, I thought it might be the battery meter...I will try different variations and see if I can further isolate the issue to the meter, the battery, or something else all together, such as the power not adequately getting to the device itself. It might be something as simple as a small piece of rice in there (there was still rice falling out days later).
    07-05-11 12:18 PM
    Don't know if this would work, but have you tried installing a battery level app? I think there is at least one free one in App World. I don't know how they monitor - they may just show what your device shows with a different display. But worth a look.
    07-06-11 09:03 AM
    Check the battery copper pins. I had a 9700 water damaged and the same thing happened to you. I checked the copper pins that hook up to the positive/negative end of battery and they were corroded. I replaced the part on sw-box.com and its been working perfectly ever since.
    07-06-11 06:24 PM
    Thank you all, and the last makes perfect sense as to why there seems to be no charge going to or from the battery.
    07-07-11 06:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD