Got my torch wet. Like real wet. It came in the hot tub with me for 10 mins or so on my birthday until I realized it was in my pocket. Took the battery out right away and it sat over the fireplace for a night and a day over the edge where the heat came over. It want hot to the touch but there was warm air flowing. I put it on the back of the fridge for another day since I heard a refrigerator acts the same as a dehumidifier. I have gotten other phones wet before and my ipod touch wet before and got them all working again - but before i plug my torch in to see if it will work I was wondering,

How many of you have gotten your torch wet and still have it working? (of coursed I dont mean anyone who tried to plug it in right away)
    04-28-12 10:02 PM
    It sat in water for 10min before the battery was removed, so the chances are slim it will ever work again.

I've gotten plenty wet from rain, and an immediate complete tear-down, dry, removal of the keypad membrane and clean resolved the issue. There's no way what you've done so far has removed all the moisture from it, and the fridge would only work if air could circulate through the entire device, ir at all.

I would suggest either full disassembly, or at minimum storing it sealed in dry rice for 3 days.

Good luck!
    04-28-12 11:14 PM
    there was only one phone, out of the 75 or so ive owned since 1999 that actually was fully recovered from taking a dive. this phone was the indestructible Nokia 8390. this thing swam with me while i was vacuuming a municipal wading pool that was a foot or so deep. took the battery out and let it dry. it was submerged for a good minute or so and was on at the time. powered right up and worked just as good as new. with all the BB, i doubt it will be recoverable. my sisters 9650 fell into a toilet. i tried my best using every method know to us. i cant get it to even boot. screen shows the progress bar then immediately goes black.
    04-29-12 01:16 AM
    Getting the battery out right away was good. I have never gotten a wet BB back fully. With other phones, I've had success putting them in a container of desiccant for 24-48 hours.

I did manage to take apart, and put back together, two drowned Bold 9000's into one working unit a year or 18 months ago. That was a matter of looking at what looked most damaged and what didn't.

Water is a cell phone's biggest enemy - and it's never covered by warranties. Ugh!
    04-29-12 02:24 AM
    Once I left a phone in my pants pocket during laundry. When the agitator began, I heard something clunking so I checked it out and discovered my phone. Sadly, there was nothing I could do. Guess it didn't like hot detergent water.

I'm sure yours will like the hot chlorinated water (and other "fluids") even less.

Good Luck
    04-29-12 10:10 AM
    I once dropped my old 9700 two times when i was in the bathroom. First time i slipped out and dropped in the shower.
    It was all wet but it was still working, however i immediately removed the battery and,
    disassembled it and put it in a bowl rice for over 2 a 3 days.
    I assembled it again the sound wasn't working that good, sounded like krrrzzz zrzrzr, so i decided to assemble it again and clean it a bit.
    And left in the rice for again 2 more days and it worked! And a week later again in the bathroom i dropped my 9700 in a bucket of water lol.
    It immediately went blup blup downside i could still hear the sound playing and the screen was still on lol.
    I again needed to disassemble it again and left it in the rice for 3 days, assembled and the keys weren't working.
    So i thought i was toasted.. So i did some research and i ended up removing the membrane and replace it with a new one.
    And for now the 9700 is still working rock solid! I guess i was just lucky.
    04-29-12 10:18 AM
    Hey guys, appreciate the answers. I was tempted to plug it in last night since it had been 4 days of drying and at day 2 the condensation stopped but after reading this i decided to put it in rice and wait until morning. I just put the battery in and I get a solid blue light but nothing happens. What does that mean? And should I try plugging it in or trying one of my other batteries? Don't want to break any batteries for my family's torches or something like that.
    04-29-12 11:05 AM
    And one more thing - Are there any water indication strips other then the one on and under the battery? As you know the phone was submerged completely but the strip that sits on the phone under the battery is completely white. the other on the battery is orange.
    04-29-12 11:11 AM
    Mine went for a 1 min swim in a lake:
    I pulled the battery immediately
    I put my phone in a cup of rice for a week(didn't touch it or turn it on)
    On day 7 turned it on, the screen looked funny, and I put it back in the rice
    Day 10 removed it from the rice, screen was fine.
    Phone works 100% the same as before. I'm so lucky!!

I only know of the 2 water strips, (FYI: you can buy those on ebay).
    By trying to dry it next to a heat source you might of caused corrosion on the circuits, from evaporating water.

I tired to heat dry my old 9700 after a swim in the toilet and it ruined the screen and all speaker. Also some internet sites say use 100% alcohol, that doesn't work ether, just ruins stuff.

If in doubt put it in rice longer. Patience is key
    Last edited by beaverbanker; 04-30-12 at 10:17 PM.
    04-30-12 10:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD