Well, so i have decided to try to get some of my issues with my torch fixed...
    My battery doesn't last a day!! Only getting a half day, and thats low use..i don't have any apps, nor using IM......
    My screen wiggles alot...the technicians at both best buy and AT&T corp stores mentioned the same thing...
    So being a canadian, and i purchased the phone outright 500, nobody seems to want to warranty the phone...
    Past my 30 days best buy says, sorry can't help you...go to AT&T store. So i go there, he says yes your phone has a problem for sure!!! Go to warranty center, go there fill everything and at the last step for my credit card...doesn't work cause i don't have an american address that matches my billing on credit card....
    So having tried that...called RIM help....not so good, they won't help...last person said my phone is out of warranty cause i got it unlocked....so i guess i'm stuck with..
    Never doing that again....i'm being peanalized for purchasing a phone outright and not living in the US....go figure......
    10-26-10 09:19 AM
    Something isn't right here. In the US unlocking a phone does not void the warranty.
    I'm not sure about Canadian carriers but you may want to double check that.

As to RIM the phone should be warranted for a year, regardless of whether you
    bought it outright (assuming you bought it from an authorized dealer)
    10-26-10 09:42 AM
    You would think..i called RIM 3 times....called AT&T 3 times....i need to get a friend to use their creditcard so AT&T will send out replacement.....and i send my old one back...just a pain in the ***....not worth it....i'll cheap out and buy one under contract.....
    10-26-10 10:23 AM
    I would at the very least try calling AT&T one more time. You should not have to
    pay to replace a device that is clearly under warranty. Good luck whatever you do.
    10-26-10 10:41 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD