Seriously?
    102 degrees?
    I was at home yesterday and the wife was on the laptop so I grabbed my torch and started to entertain myself (or attempt to rather haha) was streaming Pandora and while browsing the internet and i feel the phone warming up, like it usually does...check batterywatch and

WOW really? 102? Now the battery didnt feel all that hot. the processor, which I assume is on the bottom left-hand side of the back because thats where the phone was really heating up...
    Decided to test it out again, turned network connections off and wifi only...and the phone cooled to the high 80's or something like that....

Safe to say, the torch really lives up to its name! hahahaha
    Last edited by jlspeed29; 04-08-11 at 10:37 AM.
    04-08-11 10:20 AM
    Is that really your BB device PIN showing...if it is you might want to hide it
    I don't know that I have seen a BB PIN without letters in it though.
    04-08-11 10:29 AM
    *fixed** and yes I believe that was the right one..odd I know..all of my others have had letters...i havent even installed BBM so I dont know if that changes anything (doubt it would)
    04-08-11 10:38 AM
    My PIN is also all numbers, no characters in it !
    04-08-11 10:52 AM
    My old PIN was all numbers and one of my contacts is all numbers. I also noticed my Torch getting hot when doing multiple tasks. So much so that you couldn't keep holding it as it was so hot and I was afraid to keep using it. Haven't had that issue lately but then again I try to avoid surfing while on phone ect. to avoid that!
    04-08-11 11:22 AM
    maybe the torch should come with a disclaimer? lol
    04-08-11 11:45 PM
    i noticed that after talking on a call with a headset (bose) after 30 minutes the temp registered 103. have been afraid to try it again (so much for the $45 headset)
    04-09-11 01:04 AM
    I had my old Storm 2 at a 109 once, and above a 105 a couple times. Mostly was at times when streaming Slacker, browsing the web, and having a BBM convo at the same time.

Things get hot when you use them, I wouldn't worry about it too much unless you start smelling burnt plastic or it burns you though.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-09-11 02:59 AM
    i always thought it was the outside temperature, lolololol
    04-10-11 12:26 PM
    Definitely seen my torch and s2 get hotter

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-10-11 12:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD