Wanted: Torch 9800 hyberpad beta testers - USA only

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hyberpads have 3 magnets to place your BB in hibernation mode. I would like to find out if the magnets align with the sensor in the new Torch.

I will send a free hyberpad to the next 2 responders with a US shipping address.

Please send your shipping address via PM.

For everyone else, hyberpads are available on Amazon for $3.95 +S/H.

I will post any feedback I receive in this thread.

Thank you
    08-17-10 07:19 PM
    What's the catch? Is this a spam post?
    08-17-10 07:33 PM
    I think I am num 1 with address

ART
    240 Skinner
    Kyle, TX, 78640
    08-17-10 07:48 PM
    Looks like I got three and i will honor all three.

Thanks for your help
    08-17-10 07:50 PM
    What's the catch? Is this a spam post?
    No catch - just let me know if it acts like the holster magnet and puts your Torch in a hybernation ("in holster") state.

It works for all the current non-flip models. I just want to confirm it works with the Torch.

If you are wondering what a hyberpad is, google it for reviews, video etc.
    Last edited by ghbishop; 08-17-10 at 07:57 PM.
    08-17-10 07:55 PM
    I'm always too late!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-17-10 09:03 PM
    ART

Your hyberpad is in the mail.

I hope it works with your torch.
    08-19-10 04:28 PM
    it works well with the torch "naked" however it doesnt seem to work well with the torch in the otterbox case. also doesnt work on its back, just face down. possible I am doing something wrong?
    08-24-10 04:06 PM
    ygthb,

Thank you for trying the hyberpad with the Torch. Its good to hear that it works naked. That means the one of the magnets is aligned with the Hall effect sensor in the device.

With the Otterboax I don't think you are doing anything wrong. The Otterbox is a thick product and the magnetic field does not appear strong enough to penetrate it. Reviewers have written that the hyberpad works with other models and the Otterbox. It may be that the sensor is in the screen part of the device and not the keyboard part.

Thank you for being a beta tester and providing feedback to the CB community.
    08-24-10 09:10 PM
    I have a case on mine and im willing test with the current case I have. its AFG case IT hink is the name
    08-24-10 10:24 PM
    Looking to try something new on my torch and would love to check it out if you need any other testers.

thanks
    Derek
    08-27-10 07:11 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD