I just went to walmart to upgrade to the torch. Why is walmart advertising them for 99.99 with a 2 yr commitement? This isn't true. I jsut walked in a walmart and they are 178.88 with a 2 yr contract? What's going on with this?

Who else got thiers for 99.99 w/ two year commitment from Walmart?
    08-14-10 12:45 PM
    99.99 is a new contract only
    08-14-10 12:48 PM
    I ordered the Torch through Walmart (Letstalk) and got the phone for $99. It should arrive Monday. I am a new customer and signed with the 2 year contract, so yes, as far as online ordering, it IS true. Going to a store, though, I have no knowledge on that.

P.S. At least that was the price last Thursday when I ordered mine...
    Last edited by zbban1; 08-14-10 at 12:53 PM. Reason: P.S.
    08-14-10 12:51 PM
    I've heard other member's just UPGRADED with the 99.99 price.
    08-14-10 12:56 PM
    Just order from Wirefly.com. It's 99 for new customers and upgrades.
    08-14-10 12:57 PM
    Just order from Wirefly.com. It's 99 for new customers and upgrades.
    I was told that I need to be careful upgrading through wirefly...
    08-14-10 02:04 PM
    I got mine from the AT&T store for in Knoxville TN for $139... They gave me some type of discount, not sure what it was, didnt ask...
    08-14-10 02:29 PM
    I was told that I need to be careful upgrading through wirefly...
    Yes you have to be careful if you plan on changing you service and stuff within the first 181 days. If not, then you're fine. They have terms and conditions that don't allow you to swap the device to another line of service, downgrade service or deactivate the device with the first 6 months. If you do then they will charge you extra to recoup the cost of the device. This prevents people from buying devices for free and then selling them for 400. So if you don't plan on changing anything and stick with one device, you'll be fine. If you want to swap or frequently change devices then you MAY be charged extra and might not want to purchase through them. The terms are on their site.
    08-14-10 02:51 PM
    I'll be sure to read their terms. The only way I'd be using a different device is if I don't like the torch and send it back and get an iPhone.
    08-14-10 02:55 PM
    I'm a slave for Walmart. That late onlie price and we in the stores have no authoity overthe phones from there. We can't set ir up or exchange it in the store, just so you know.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-14-10 03:12 PM
    I'm a slave for Walmart. That late onlie price and we in the stores have no authoity overthe phones from there. We can't set ir up or exchange it in the store, just so you know.

HUH?????? Sorry, didn't understand a thing you said. perhaps fix your spelling...
    08-14-10 03:17 PM
    Sorry. Trying to force myself to get used to the touchscreen and I'm at work right now (don't want to get caught online!). I should've paid more attention, but its easier to put the phone away if its already closed.

Walmart.com and the stores have different prices and sometimes different policies. Cell phones fall under this category.

Basically, phones not purchased in the store (walmart.com) are strange. We as employees cannot do anything with an online purchase (set it up or exchange it) because its through a different company that works with walmart. This leaves you, the customer, to deal with everything on your own. And I know that returns are a painful process.

It may be cheaper to get the phone from walmart.com, but I do not recommend it because it is such a headache. The three people I helped through the ordering process had nothing but troubles.

Hope that clears it up a bit. I'm glad this has a physical keyboard as well. I'm really used to typing on this one!

08-14-10 04:05 PM
    Thanks for the clarification. I'll probably end up going straight through AT&T. Lol It's only going to be 275 dollars.
    08-14-10 06:29 PM
    No worries. I love the phone so far. I haven't had too many problems, but I'm keeping the mentality that it is a new OS. There's always something that doesn't work correctly. Hope you like the phone when you get it.

08-14-10 08:27 PM
    As long as you're eligible for the upgrade you can get it at Wirefly for $99 on a qualifying plan. If you have a family plan the $99 price is only for the primary line.
    08-14-10 08:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD