Ok, is this just my Torch or did RIM seriously limit the utility of Voice Guided Directions? I have my Torch connected to my car stereo via bluetooth and the stereo shows that the bluetooth suports headset and multi-media (full A/V) so any applications should be able to play through the car speakers. Sadly, I found that Garmin Mobile and Wisepilot do not play through the bluetooth. I plugged in headphones thorugh the 3.5mm jack and the navigation still played through the speakerphone on the Torch. I checked the App permissions and they all were set to allow for connecting to the bluetooth yet still no audio from navigation over Bluetooth. Am I missing something? This is really lame if OS 6.0 doesn't support this seemingly simple capability.
    04-19-11 07:32 PM
    UPdate on this issue. I don't know what I did, but the Garmin voice prompts are playing through the bluetooth on my car stereo now. I had done a security wipe on my phone and took it back to factory settings to try and track down an issue with trying to figure out a data issue and when I reinstalled Garmin Mobile i found it would play the voice prompts through the car stereo. So all is good with that app. Now I just need to try it with the WisePilot and also the 3.5 mm jack.
    04-24-11 09:25 PM
    Could be in the individual apps settings, on which audio output(s) have which priority...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-24-11 09:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD