Just read on the web that Voda UK may get this within 3 months.

Hope not, I'm on Orange and I want it for my upgrade at that time.

Paul.
    07-25-10 06:54 PM
    Thats really good for me woop.

Im thinking about leaving my iPhone for this
    07-26-10 02:34 AM
    Ah good! Lets hope that RIM finally announce the thing shortly so we can actually get our hands on it.
    07-26-10 05:35 AM
    I work for a network in the uk and my 2 cents is that voda will not get exclusivity of the 9800,mainly because there market share is not so big in comparison to everything everywhere (orange and t-mob) which now has an insane 30 million customers! Or even o2 it just wouldn't make business sense for rim to launch it exclusive on vodaphone,considering how saturated the mobile market is it would only make sense to launch on either all or the larger networks,makes business sense to launch with a monopoly network.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-26-10 09:02 AM
    Just read on the web that Voda UK may get this within 3 months.

Hope not, I'm on Orange and I want it for my upgrade at that time.

Paul.
    Where did u read this? Bbleaks?

I reckon voda will get exclusivity on the storm 3 but not the 9800 for sure.

07-26-10 09:37 AM
    now t-mobile and orange have joined forces they are far bigger than o2 and voda, hope they do get this phone...
    07-26-10 11:02 AM
    No one has stated any exclusivity for Voda... other UK network carriers are also "testing" the 9800.

Edit :
    Where's DangerMouse these days?
    07-26-10 11:21 PM
    I work for a network in the uk and my 2 cents is that voda will not get exclusivity of the 9800,mainly because there market share is not so big in comparison to everything everywhere (orange and t-mob) which now has an insane 30 million customers! Or even o2 it just wouldn't make business sense for rim to launch it exclusive on vodaphone,considering how saturated the mobile market is it would only make sense to launch on either all or the larger networks,makes business sense to launch with a monopoly network.

Good point Steve. Forgot about them joining forces. As an Orange customer who can upgrade from Sept I hope they get this device as I really want it for my next BB.

Voda seemed to have a monopoly on the touch BB so hopefully they won't with this one.
    07-27-10 05:49 PM
    Well, they [Vodafone] certainly need it.
    And they need it to work too.
    If the rumour is true, it would certainly be timed conveniently for VOD. At least as regards the hundreds of thousands of subscribers who signed up for the Blackberry Storm from late October 2008, and whose two-year contracts will be coming to an end from late October. Remember the hype over the Storm? Doesn't the buzz going on about this new device which RIM has been 'subliminally' [yeah right!] touting - I think they're calling it 'The Shower' - seem similar to the hype surrounding The Storm before that was released? And we all know how *that* turned out. I wonder if Vodafone would actually be gullible enough to believe RIM twice, when they say their new phone model is a 'killer', even an iPhone killer? Well the BlackBerry Storm 1 was certainly a killer. But not in the way intended, I think. It was more like a killer of goodwill, corporate reputations and customer loyalty.
    Something tells me, even though I'm no lover of Vodafone, that they wouldn't be so stupid as to put so many eggs into one basket like that again with RIM.
    If that's true, they wouldn't bid for an exclusive deal regarding whatever piece of c**** RIM will slap the 9800 label on.
    07-28-10 10:15 AM
    I really disliked the Storm, it was my first Berry. I took it back and got a refund, however it was good enough to convert me from Windows Mobile to Blackberry since I then went and got a 8900 instead. Which is a lovely little device except for the lack of 3g.

I'm due an upgrade already so I do hope the 9800 isn't a network exclusive, I'm a bit old fashioned and I tend to shop for a network first then a phone. Living in the middle of nowhere means you have to do this.
    08-02-10 12:33 PM
    I had to phone Orange Premier yesterday for something, and while on the call I asked about the 9800.
    He told me me last nite that it is confirmed for orange, is on their internal systems as 'coming soon', and release date should be known in the next few weeks

08-02-10 12:46 PM
    if orange are getting it then no doubt tmobile will be getting it as they're linking up
    08-02-10 12:51 PM
    This is now on the Vodafone site!! https://blackberry.vodafone.co.uk/torch/
    08-03-10 01:42 PM
    This is now on the Vodafone site!! https://blackberry.vodafone.co.uk/torch/
    Registered.
    08-03-10 01:53 PM
    What about unbranded sim free? I'm not on a contract and don't want to be.
    08-03-10 02:16 PM
    Just seen that you can pre order on the Vodaphone UK website -

https://blackberry.vodafone.co.uk/to...d=1&cid=aff-aw

But no sign of a release date or price!

EDIT: Sorry, check that! You can't pre order, you can only register an interest, but at least it's there!!!
    Last edited by ST_Temps; 08-03-10 at 03:16 PM.
    08-03-10 02:31 PM
    I get this silly error:

"Please correct following field(s):
    Connection (Please complete this mandatory field)"

Can't register!
    08-03-10 02:34 PM
    I had to phone Orange Premier yesterday for something, and while on the call I asked about the 9800.
    He told me me last nite that it is confirmed for orange, is on their internal systems as 'coming soon', and release date should be known in the next few weeks

Hope so since Voda are sporting it on their site. Bastards.
    08-03-10 02:36 PM
    I get this silly error:

Can't register!
    Same here! I thought it was just me!
    08-03-10 02:39 PM
    I get this silly error:

Can't register!
    Seems to work OK now! I've just registered!
    08-04-10 05:59 AM
    Hopefully Vodaphone will not get this phone exclusive. My contract ended in july with 02 and I am waiting patiently for the 9800!!! Chamm aaaaann
    08-04-10 08:30 AM
    08-04-10 05:25 PM
    Don't know where they get their info, but good news for anyone else on 02 i guess!
    Whilst Vodafone were quick out of the blocks to announce that they would be getting their hands on the first shipments of BlackBerry Torch 9800 handsets for UK customers, all the other major carriers have so far declined to comment on whether or not they too will supply the smartphone.

However, a quick bit of detective work reveals that O2 look more than likely to get their hands on what RIM are calling their "best BlackBerry ever". All test units at yesterdays unveiling were running on O2 sim cards, which is surely an indication that the network will later carry the handset.

Also, reports are trickling in that O2 store staff are confirming that the Torch will be hitting their stores sooner rather than later too.

If you're on an O2 contract, love the Torch but don't fancy making the jump over to Vodafone it looks like it could be your lucky day then!
    O2 to get the BlackBerry Torch 9800 too? : Tech Digest
    08-05-10 01:44 PM
    My account manager was saying today that it's early October for Voda, fingers crossed he's wrong and it's early September.
    08-05-10 02:17 PM
    Can't wait to get hold of one.....almost defected to an iPhone 4 but definitely waiting now!
    08-05-10 04:43 PM
40 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD