Has anyone noticed that Visual Voicemail on the Torch is not working for them?

The rep that sold me the phone never chose Visual Voicemail as a feature, but I quickly changed that as soon as I got home. I had to go through the same guided setup again, but still...no visual voicemail.

I just called into AT&T customer service tonight and the rep I spoke with said he just received an e-mail notification that the engineers are aware of the fact that VV is not functioning as expected and are working on a resolution.

Just curious to see if others are having the same issues.
    08-17-10 12:03 AM
    had the visual voicemail feature added when i purchased my torch. had no luck setting it up myself. returned to the store and the rep (with an assist from support) was able to get the feature online in no time.

will second your assertion that there is a "problem" with the system that at&t is researching.
    08-17-10 07:12 AM
    Up and working fine on mine. Had to call into tech support to get it going. Took about 10 minutes.
    08-17-10 07:29 AM
    Try Youmail it works great
    08-17-10 07:31 AM
    VVM is working fine on mine. I had it enabled on my 9700. The rep who sold me my 9800 kept the feature on when setting up my new contract.
    08-17-10 07:56 AM
    same problems here. still not working even after calling customer service
    08-17-10 08:54 AM
    had it on my 9000, and it works fine on my 9800. Sorry guys, no problem here.
    08-17-10 09:00 AM
    I had the same problem, took 3 days & 9 hours on the phone with techs and they still didn't have an answer. Then I figured it out for myself. I switched over from T-Mobile to AT&T and backed up all my info from my 9700 onto desktop manager. Everytime I copied it over, my VM stopped working. Because I was also copying over the visual voicemail settings from T-Mobile and over writing AT&T's. Before you import your data over, uncheck the 2 visual voicemail settings and everything will be fine. No problems since. Hope this helps..............
    08-17-10 09:01 AM
    Does Visual Voice Mail cost extra?
    08-17-10 09:01 AM
    Does Visual Voice Mail cost extra?
    No it does not.
    08-17-10 09:04 AM
    Works fine for me. I already had it set up on my 9000 and it worked right from the start on my Torch.
    08-17-10 12:21 PM
    Works fine for me. I already had it set up on my 9000 and it worked right from the start on my Torch.
    Ditto. Never had a problem with it on either devices.
    08-17-10 12:27 PM
    Well tonight I went to the local AT&T store and found a rep that was able to straighten things out. He simply went into the system, removed voicemail from my device, then added it back. Magically it started working! I knew it was a provisioning problem!

I'm convinced the agent I spoke with on the phone was lying to me about a "known issue". Why they don't just admit that they're not sure what the issue might be and escalate it...I'll never know.

Whatever. It's fixed and I LOVE THE TORCH!!! =D
    08-17-10 09:52 PM
    mine still doesn't work
    08-17-10 10:13 PM
    @apple718 - your profile says you're using a Bold 9000 on T-Mobile. Are you on AT&T with a Torch now? If so...I would go into the AT&T store and find a rep that will do what the gentleman I worked with tonight did.

He went into Opus (their computer system) and removed Visual Voicemail from my account entirely. Then had me switch off my phone. He then added VV back to my account and waited a minute or so. Then I powered my phone back on, went into VV and ran the guided setup.

It works perfectly now.

If you're on T-Mo and on a 9000, I'm not sure what your options are. Sorry!
    08-17-10 10:27 PM
    no no i am on att with the torch..i forgot to change my profile...but i think i am going to do that because att is pissing me off just waiting on the phone for 20 mins and they hung up
    08-17-10 10:52 PM
    Mine works fine. Did not when I took the phone home but a quick call to AT&T to activate it and I was off to the races. Sorry it is not working for you. Are you sure they have you set up for it? EVERYTIME I get a new BB I can be assured of one thing: I will not have the BB Enterprise plan despite the fact I ask them repeatedly to make sure I do.
    08-17-10 11:09 PM
    Got it going at the store, no problem at all.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-18-10 04:04 AM
    had it on my 9000, and it works fine on my 9800. Sorry guys, no problem here.
    +1 here. VVM worked from day 1 after transferring everything from my 9000.
    08-18-10 05:56 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD