View Poll Results: Which do you use more often?

Voters
36. You may not vote on this poll
  • I use the physical keyboard

23 63.89%
  • I use the on-screen keyboard

5 13.89%
  • I use both equally

5 13.89%
  • I don't give it much thought

3 8.33%
    I've had my Torch for a week or so now and have already transitioned from the qwerty to the touch screen. The first few days I used the qwerty for typing. Now, I think I'm actually faster on the virtual keyboard. How about you?
    12-10-10 02:09 PM
    Virtual for me

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-10-10 02:10 PM
    I use the virtual keyboard (on SureType) if I'm typing messages, but if I'm browsing the internet, or writing long messages, or using a lot of acronyms, or using other words that aren't actually words, I use the physical keyboard, it feels nicer, but the SureType is faster (when I use real words)
    12-10-10 03:16 PM
    Physical in nearly every instance. Trying to learn the virtual but darned slow so far.

12-10-10 03:29 PM
    The main reason why I picked this phone over the iPhone was because of the keyboard..
    12-10-10 03:35 PM
    I find my self using both equally. Short messages-virtual. Longer messages-keyboard.
    12-10-10 04:02 PM
    I mistype too much on the virtual keyboard. But I love the physical. I too chose the torch over the iPhone for that reason.
    12-10-10 04:06 PM
    Since getting my Torch ive made it my mission to get used to th touch screen & after 3 weeks am proud to say im about 90% Touch Screen 10% Keypad. Once you get used to your favoured virtual keyboard & add more word substitutions, the touch screen typing becomes a dream (not perfect though) but excellent to use.
    12-10-10 06:47 PM
    I don't give it much thought myself, what ever "feels" right at the time is what I use. Typically though short messages I use the virtual and long messages its the physical. I think you'll find most of us use it in that manner.
    12-10-10 06:49 PM
    never used the virtual one, not even once. The whole predictive thing is just too confusing to bother with after having a 9000 for two years. Plus, every time i pull the phone out, the first thing i do is slide out the keyboard, even if i'm just navigating
    12-10-10 07:22 PM
    I exclusively use the physical keyboard. Having the option is nice, but after trying to use the virtual keyboard for a couple of weeks, I found that there were still more spelling errors when using it instead of the physical keyboard.

12-10-10 07:49 PM
    Physical ONLY.
    12-10-10 07:51 PM
    The thing I like about the touch screen keyboard is the way it offers suggested words for spelling mistakes. I have it set for Direct style, not predictive. Even with the physical keys I have it set that way. The difference is since my fingers are already there, it's easier to make the correction using the virtual keys.

Check out your settings...Options>Typing and Input>Typing>Virtual (or Physical)>Style=Direct

You'll need to turn on spell checking as well in Typing and Input
    12-10-10 08:27 PM
    I use both. Being able to use both is a joy!

12-10-10 09:18 PM
    It depend on how fast I want to type but i getting really fast on the virtual but I wont change my qwerty for anything!!!!

12-10-10 11:32 PM
    Physical. I would only use the touch screen when entering numbers as my fat fingers give me trouble on the QWERTY.
    12-11-10 02:46 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD