So yeah, I'm using my phone, and all of a sudden the virtual keyboards randomly go like the screengrabs below. I cannot work out what is causing it and it is very annoying... I tried to place it to a glitch in the graphics card thingy in the phone, but all other graphics remain untouched, yet when this happens I have to Alt + R-Shift + Del it. Can anyone please work out what may have caused this and how I may fix it. Thanks! There is ONLY the default theme installed on this phone.

Attachment 83976Attachment 83977
    04-02-11 05:44 PM
    I had this happen a few times back on .448. reloaded the OS and all was fine and has been since. My best guess is just a glitch in the OS.
    04-02-11 05:45 PM
    wow, ive never seen this bug. what OS are you running?
    04-02-11 06:22 PM
    wow, ive never seen this bug. what OS are you running?
    6.0 Bundle 695 (v6.0.0.246 Platform 6.4.0.105)
    04-02-11 06:35 PM
    Upgrade to .448

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-02-11 06:38 PM
    Upgrade to .448

Ok sure, if you can find the official one that is unbranded (so not the one from Three-UK etc. It has be a RIM direct one). I'm trying to find it, to little avail right now. I refuse to install a carrier one.
    04-02-11 07:39 PM
    Ok sure, if you can find the official one that is unbranded (so not the one from Three-UK etc. It has be a RIM direct one). I'm trying to find it, to little avail right now. I refuse to install a carrier one.
    Check the leaked OS sticky in the main page. Failing that, install your carrier's update, unntil an unbranded one is available, then reinstall it.

I usually prefer my carrier's os's updates, as they have tested them to ensure it will work with my device, on my network...

04-02-11 07:42 PM
    Check the leaked OS sticky in the main page. Failing that, install your carrier's update, unntil an unbranded one is available, then reinstall it.

I usually prefer my carrier's os's updates, as they have tested them to ensure it will work with my device, on my network...

Your search - BlackBerry Torch OS6.0.0.248 O2-UK - did not match any documents
    Your search - BlackBerry Torch OS6.0.0.248 O2 - did not match any documents
    So, I can't find it on a Google search
    04-02-11 07:51 PM
    So, I can't find it on a Google search

http://ca.blackberry.com/support/downloads/download_sites.jsp

Here ya go. You can choose your country / carrier... The relases are in opposite order. Once you select your carrier, newest releases are towards the bottom

04-02-11 08:36 PM
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but you'll never find an unbranded OS, unless it's a leak(meaning no carrier has picked it up yet to make it official).

Every OS is from RIM. Only thing that makes it "official"(or branded as your calling it) or not is if a carrier deems its ok to run on their network. Ive used very leak to date(including the one that dropped today), and have never had one issue with my carrier. Problems with the OS itself is another story.

Tbrenn, Ive been watching your posts as of late. Updating your OS isn't always the solution(except in this case).

OP, even your current carriers OS of .246 should not do this and a simple reload of it should fix the issue.
    04-02-11 09:07 PM
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but you'll never find an unbranded OS, unless it's a leak(meaning no carrier has picked it up yet to make it official).

Every OS is from RIM. Only thing that makes it "official"(or branded as your calling it) or not is if a carrier deems its ok to run on their network. Ive used very leak to date(including the one that dropped today), and have never had one issue with my carrier. Problems with the OS itself is another story.

Tbrenn, Ive been watching your posts as of late. Updating your OS isn't always the solution(except in this case).

OP, even your current carriers OS of .246 should not do this and a simple reload of it should fix the issue.
    I bought the "handset only" from the Carphone Warehouse, for �425. Carphone Warehouse's phones are unbranded and unlocked. I have a SIM-Only contract with O2, which I got directly from O2, not from CPW. So what you're saying is I'm going to have to brand my phone with O2 if I want to update my OS, and have it load up the O2 logo screen, when it finishes updating, instead of just having it jump straight from the BB loading screen to the main homescreen without said O2 logo?

UPDATE: Just checked the software updates for O2-UK (whom my SIM-only contract is with), they've only authorised 6.0.0.246
    Last edited by Paladinleeds; 04-03-11 at 06:47 AM.
    04-03-11 06:40 AM
    I bought the "handset only" from the Carphone Warehouse, for �425. Carphone Warehouse's phones are unbranded and unlocked. I have a SIM-Only contract with O2, which I got directly from O2, not from CPW. So what you're saying is I'm going to have to brand my phone with O2 if I want to update my OS, and have it load up the O2 logo screen, when it finishes updating, instead of just having it jump straight from the BB loading screen to the main homescreen without said O2 logo?
    The splash screen has nothing to do with the OS, it is hard coded into the phone. When you delete the vendor.xml file this in essence debrands the OS. The vendor.xml file tells the loader to only load this OS if this vendor ID is present.

Edit:
    In my haste I had assumed(make an as* of u and me)that since you had service with O2 you had an O2 branded phone and hence only wanted the O2 OS build. Anyways the new leaked OS(526) seems to be a nice stable build.
    Last edited by homer1475; 04-03-11 at 06:52 AM.
    Daniel Ratcliffe likes this.
    04-03-11 06:50 AM
    The splash screen has nothing to do with the OS, it is hard coded into the phone. When you delete the vendor.xml file this in essence debrands the OS. The vendor.xml file tells the loader to only load this OS if this vendor ID is present.
    Yeah, but I'll still get the O2 splash screen right?

In my haste I had assumed(make an as* of u and me)that since you had service with O2 you had an O2 branded phone and hence only wanted the O2 OS build. Anyways the new leaked OS(526) seems to be a nice stable build.
    This is useless to me, it's a leaked OS and thus I don't trust it.
    Also, no matter how much you persuade me, I'm not going to install a leaked OS. I want to stick with the ones officially released by RIM.
    04-03-11 07:15 AM
    The splash screens are put onto the phone themselves not the OS. I installed 3UKs firmware with no problem of branding.
    Daniel Ratcliffe likes this.
    04-03-11 07:25 AM
    Current BlackBerry Devices: Torch 9800 (water damage - Resurrected)
    I don't know but that might be the problem to the "keys" image not showing, at least the phone is working fine. For the bug, that never occured to me.
    04-03-11 07:36 AM
    I don't know but that might be the problem to the "keys" image not showing, at least the phone is working fine. For the bug, that never occured to me.
    I find that hard to believe. More intensive graphics show up fine. It's just the keyboard that glitches up. I'm sticking with the software issue thing.

The splash screens are put onto the phone themselves not the OS. I installed 3UKs firmware with no problem of branding.
    Yeah, I'm gonna install 448 from 3-UK.
    04-03-11 07:41 AM
    I wont try to convince you to install a leak.But just a little FYI, Every OS is released by RIM. Only thing that makes it "official" is if a carrier decides to release it to their customers, a leak is yet to be picked up by carriers. Every OS is officially from RIM.
    04-03-11 07:49 AM
    I wont try to convince you to install a leak.But just a little FYI, Every OS is released by RIM. Only thing that makes it "official" is if a carrier decides to release it to their customers, a leak is yet to be picked up by carriers. Every OS is officially from RIM.
    So is a leak a final release awaiting testing by a carrier? Or can the OS build be a WIP?
    04-03-11 07:53 AM
    So is a leak a final release awaiting testing by a carrier? Or can the OS build be a WIP?
    Not sure what a WIP is, but yes a leak is a final release awaiting testing by carriers.
    04-03-11 07:56 AM
    Not sure what a WIP is, but yes a leak is a final release awaiting testing by carriers.
    Work In Progress
    04-03-11 07:58 AM
    I got ya. A leaked OS is the final build yet to be tested by a carrier. I'm in bbm group with a guy who tests OS's for ATT and just the other day he said he had a build in the 500's and low and behold a few days later 526 drops.
    04-03-11 08:00 AM
    I actually just had this glitch happen to me on .486 with Jendys 8.1 hybrid. Except, I couldn't see any of the letters or anything. I did have green outlines around 2 of the buttons. It was very random, did a battery pull and it hasn't happened again, yet.
    04-03-11 08:23 AM
    snap .. my phone is sim free, unbranded from Amazon
    04-03-11 08:47 AM
    Well I installed the leak, working really well so far.
    04-03-11 01:47 PM
    Never seen before

04-03-11 05:42 PM
27 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD