just picked up my torch and the first call i get i notice when i talk into it i get a humm or vibration sound from the phone in the ear. anybody else getting this ?
    08-12-10 12:01 PM
    Nope. Had a few calls so far and sound quality was perfect.
    08-12-10 12:13 PM
    Could be from who you talked to or the connection at that time or could be a defect.
    08-12-10 12:31 PM
    just picked up my torch and the first call i get i notice when i talk into it i get a humm or vibration sound from the phone in the ear. anybody else getting this ?
    I'm getting the same thing on mine... I hear what sounds like a slight "digital" sound when I talk... Has happened on every call so far...
    08-12-10 02:07 PM
    The same thing has been happening to me. Its been on every phone call I have had.... I don't know how to fix it, but if it doesn't go away I'm going to take it back to the store.
    08-12-10 02:21 PM
    I had the same problem when I picked it up this morning, but it has subsided, I don't know if the speaker just had to be broken in or what but it is fine now. Keep me posted
    08-12-10 02:57 PM
    same problem here
    08-12-10 03:02 PM
    well it went away for a few calls then back again then away then back so i have no idea what it is.
    08-12-10 03:12 PM
    still having the problem shud i take it back ?
    08-12-10 05:22 PM
    i see 3 other posts with people having the same issue i think im gonna call the store i bought it at and at least make them aware and find out how long i have to return/exchange it .....
    08-12-10 05:45 PM
    I swapped mine... no questions asked but the second one still does it. Intermittent. I will go back to iPhone if it doesn't stop....
    08-12-10 05:48 PM
    oh yeah... Has anyone tried holding the speaker just a bit away from your face? I know it is a band aide but it seems to help. My ear buds make the same annoying sound. Shocking that they waited so long to release the phone and have a flaw like this.
    08-12-10 05:50 PM
    i swaped my first one of for a wiggle screen. now its that call quality buzzing when im on the phone. this is some bull****.
    08-12-10 06:00 PM
    Try you calls with the slider out. Does it issue go away? Sorry to hear about that problem!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-12-10 08:45 PM
    Try you calls with the slider out. Does it issue go away? Sorry to hear about that problem!

I have tried with it closed and open.. nothing helps
    08-12-10 09:33 PM
    No still the same a few friends of mine are hving the same problem what to do ?
    08-13-10 12:03 AM
    It was happening on my torch yesterday so I took it back right away. On my 2nd phone now, but it is also doing it. I have noticed that it goes in and out, but I am still pretty upset.
    08-13-10 12:31 PM
    We have 30 days to decide if we can live with it or not...and pray for a new leaked OS that fixes it!
    08-13-10 01:07 PM
    SAME thing here...started a thread on this yesterday afternoon and I was bashed for complaining...! Well - guess it was a legit complaint. I too went to the store and they swapped-out a new Torch for me...but still the same thing. Hoping a firmware update can resolve it....sounds like something wrong with the Echo Canceler gone haywire....hopefully new firmware will resolve it.

UGHHH - this issue, and the one with emails opening slowly (content lagging to appear when you open an email) - are the only 2 issues that make me want to take it back....29 days and counting....come on RIM...!!
    08-13-10 01:09 PM
    Saw a few posts, not sure if it was this thread or not, but I had the same exact problem and was extremelly upset and equally disappointed that I waited so long for this phone, just to ha e a simplistic problem like this.

The fix I found throughout various posts will absolutely solve the problem

You have to download the newest "leaked" OS 6 upgrade. You can google for it and find it at rapidshare, etc. But apparently RIM knew the problem existed and fixed it in the "leaked" version because they haven't released an "official" os 6 update yet.

The fic I found was in os 6.0.0.161, however, just today I found a newer leaked version 6.0.0.217 (I believe) but that should absolutely solve the problem. Good luck and if it doesn't work for you, please repost so everyone can see your results

09-11-10 07:53 PM
    .214 fixes this. It's been confirmed by many.
    09-11-10 07:58 PM
    I think what you're hearing is the "tinny" sound issue that many users have complained about here on the board. This issue can be resolved by loading the leaked .214 OS software upgrade to your phone. I did it on mine and call quality is perfect. Many other improvements over the stock OS too with the upgrade.

09-11-10 11:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD