Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Very Odd Media Card Storage Fatal Error 16gb

Okay, Here's my very complicated issue. I just got a Transcend 16gb class 6 Micro SDHC yesterday. Everything went well until I put it in my Torch 9800and formatted it like it requested. Afterwards I recieved the media card fatal error.
    Here's where it getrs strange: I assumed the card had corrupted, but upon using the adapter to access it on the computer, it worked fine there. Tried reformatting from the comp, still works on the comp., but upon insertion in the phone, fatal error. I tried puting it in my old 8520, works like a charm, no issues. Tried reformatting using the 8520, still a fatal error when inserted into the Torch. My old card that I was using was a Transcend 8gb Class 6, Which still functions with no probs. I am very confused about this issue as it seems to work everywhere but where I want it to.
    Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.
    CrackBerry Addict

Quote Originally Posted by aznlgcy View Post
    Try formatting it on your computer then reinsert it back into your Torch
    he said that he tried already.

Happy-J you said it work fine in your 8520 but not in your torch ??? and your 8gb work in your torch no problem? does your 8gb work in your 8520 too ?
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  

Yes, I had originally got the 8gb for the 8520.
    CrackBerry Newbie

I also received the "Media Card Storage can not be accessed due to fatal errors" with my new ADATA 16gb MicroSD HC. When the phone is connected to the PC, I can see the content of the card but as soon as I disconnected the error strikes back. I've formatted and reformatted the card numerous times with no luck. It works like a charm on the PC using the adapter. Been looking allover the web for help and it appears that everybody is clueless. Please advise.
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #5  

Please, Somebody...Anybody with any helpful info...It would be greatly appreciated...Need Help!!!
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    1,533 Global Posts

try turning off media card compression on your device
    T Brenn | tbrennan@crackberry.com
    BB Q10 | Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1"
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    217 Global Posts
    PIN
    Ask me

Quote Originally Posted by Happy-J View Post
    Please, Somebody...Anybody with any helpful info...It would be greatly appreciated...Need Help!!!
    What OS are you running. starting with 486, I have been getting the same error on my 16GB card. Once I swx back to my 8gb, I haven't had the error since.

I hadn't tried it yet on 570, so I went back to the 16gb and rebooted, and got the error msg. Asked me if it wanted to fix, said yes, then it said can't be fixed. Went back to 8GB, and no error msg.

I quite obvious that the Torch can't support a 16gb sd with these new builds.
    BB Torch forever

OS 6.0.0.668
    FB 2.0.0.50
    Twitter 2.0.0.16
    BBM 6.0.1.29
    Follow me on Twitter
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,203 Global Posts

I'm running 16 gb with .546 without any issues (touch wood). Compression is off.

Can you get your hands on a different 16 gb card (that you know if functioning properly) to try?
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    231 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by thecoach1999 View Post
    What OS are you running. starting with 486, I have been getting the same error on my 16GB card. Once I swx back to my 8gb, I haven't had the error since.

I hadn't tried it yet on 570, so I went back to the 16gb and rebooted, and got the error msg. Asked me if it wanted to fix, said yes, then it said can't be fixed. Went back to 8GB, and no error msg.

I quite obvious that the Torch can't support a 16gb sd with these new builds.

Not always true... I'm running .526 with zero errors on my Transcend 16GB SDHC card.
    To OP: Is the card formatted FAT32? Is it a SD or SDHC?
    CrackBerry Newbie

To my surprise, after an App World update with several reboots my 16Gb started working. I took it out once, reinserted got the famous message again but chose fix card and voilá. Let´s hope it keeps working.
    CrackBerry User

This was interesting reading. I'm waiting on a Transcend 32Gb Class 6 microSDHC to arrive in the mail for my Torch 9800... it'll be interesting to see if I have any issue. Thanks...
    CrackBerry Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by YITBOS7 View Post
    This was interesting reading. I'm waiting on a Transcend 32Gb Class 6 microSDHC to arrive in the mail for my Torch 9800... it'll be interesting to see if I have any issue. Thanks...
    I would be interested to see how this pans out. I am looking to get a larger memory card for my torch (currently running a 4gb) and was going to get a 16gb but if people are having problems it puts me off!!

Please let me know how you get on? thanks
    CrackBerry User

Quote Originally Posted by wizzy28 View Post
    I would be interested to see how this pans out. I am looking to get a larger memory card for my torch (currently running a 4gb) and was going to get a 16gb but if people are having problems it puts me off!!

Please let me know how you get on? thanks
    Wizzy28 --- just a quick follow-up. I am absolutely LOVING the new 32gb microSDHC in my Torch 9800. 4,000+ songs and counting, without a hitch...go for it!
    Thanked by:
    slalom (05-29-2011) 
    CrackBerry Newbie

Oooh so you went for 32gb in the end? What make? Good news anyways

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    CrackBerry User

Oooh so you went for 32gb in the end? What make? Good news anyways

TS32GUSDC4 microSDHC Class4 (No Box & Adapter) from Transcend USA's site. I've used their thumb drives in the past and have always loved the quality and reliability of their products. I used them to work with 10-15gb files of my customers' databases, so I trust them fully.

And with all the news of Sandisk shipping cards without knowing which class you are truly going to get, Transcend just felt like the best option. Check em out at www.transcendusa.com. Their site is a bit difficult to navigate, but you'll figure it out...
    CrackBerry Newbie

Guessing its a usa based site?? I'm in the uk I am afraid. Have seen an excellent deal on a class 10, 16gb PNY card but not heard of PNY. Are the BB compatible??

CrackBerry User

Guessing its a usa based site?? I'm in the uk I am afraid. Have seen an excellent deal on a class 10, 16gb PNY card but not heard of PNY. Are the BB compatible??

Ahhh. You're across the pond. I know Transcend ships internationally. They're good, trustworthy...trust me.

As far as PNY -- they have a good rep, too.
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #18  

I have had the issue since .246, currently i am running .570, and yes the card is fat32 and sdhc
    Last edited by Happy-J; 05-29-2011 at 11:00 AM.