Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Validate E-mail account

So I just got the e-mail asking me to validate my Hotmail account on BIS. When I go to the options in e-mail settings I need to enter a username and password. What username do they need, because it doesn't accept my BB Id I use for Appworld nor my regular e-mail address with said password. What does it want me to enter exactly?
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    1,644 Global Posts

That would be your hotmail account. If you continue to have problems activating it, then delete the account from your BB and recreate it.
    --
    8800 (Retired), 9000 (Retired), 9800 (T-Mobile), PB64 WiFi, Droid 4 (VZW)
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  

Thanks. I'm having problems with that because it starts complaining about the username being invalid because it needs at least 4 characters. And I had just entered my whole e-mail adress. I'll try setting it up from scratch.
    CrackBerry Abuser

ive been having the same problems on mine, tried emails and got the 'you have entered an email not a username' message, also tried my username for BIS that i know works as i was resorting to using the computer to set up the email account rather than the phone as it wouldnt let me in!! and that didnt work, so am completely lost as to what it wants!!

getting a new handset tomorrow due to headphone jack issue so will try then and see if its an OS issue, - on .723 at the mo.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #5  

Yeah I'm stuck with that now as well.I can't access the settings so I can't edit anything either. Weird.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Its definately the BIS account details as on replacement device signed straight in,
    Have a look on the access page from the net if you can, may have to ring your carrier and ask them to access it and log you into it all!
    Orange uk is BlackBerry Internet Service
    CrackBerry Newbie

Global Posts
    2 Global Posts

This is a good tool to validate email addresses in .net:
    .NET Email Validation Library