i downloaded the desktop manager 6.10 b034 for my unbranded torch 9800 hoping to use it as a modem to browse with my current blackberry subscription plan. but i dont really know how to do so, pls help.
    p.s i can browse use bbm,facebook e.t.c with my subscription but on the phone alone
    08-20-11 06:25 AM
    I have a Torch 9800 on O2 UK. When I need to do this I link my laptop and BB with data cable - open BB desktop - I usually cancel the sychronizing part which comes up automatically - Tools, at the top left - Then start mobile internet.

I have heard that some carriers do not allow this, and also some have to purchase a $50 app called Tether. And lastly that some carriers require at least a certain MB data allowance per month.

Hope this helps
    08-20-11 06:41 AM
    Is the tethering dangerous or illegal, isn't there a free way, does it work for all subscribed careers(cause mine aint in the drop down list)

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-20-11 06:56 AM
    Tether is legal I guess as its on BB app world and the crackberry app store apps.

Im not sure if its dangerous. I would say no it doesnt work for all carriers hence the tether app.

At first I didnt see the 'start mobile internet' in the 'tools' drop down menu when I got my phone but I may have missed it.

If its not there for you I'm not sure what to say if its not in your drop down menu. Maybe someone else has had this problem and will be able to help.
    08-20-11 07:08 AM
    No I meant I couldn't find my career in the internet setting. I'll search app world for d tether but it just occured to me if its possible to use d phone as a wireless hotspot, through an app or so

08-20-11 07:16 AM
    Oh ok. No I dont think all carriers can do this. Which carrier are you with out of curiosity ?
    08-20-11 07:27 AM
    MTN Nigeria

08-20-11 07:29 AM
    Maybe this is a carrier which doesn't support this.
    08-20-11 07:33 AM
    K, I'll contact their customer support

08-20-11 07:38 AM
    It is legal, however, paid for.
    08-20-11 07:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD