I was wondering what that button on the top right of the phone does? The left one locks the screen but the right one has no function on my toch. Is it another convenience key?Also I was wondering if it is possible to make the lock button lock the phone with the password lock.

Thanks in advance!
    03-27-11 04:20 PM
    yes, you can might take an app to do it. Dunno never used a password.

oh, that other button does mute when you're on the phone
    Last edited by palomartian; 03-27-11 at 04:32 PM.
    03-27-11 04:25 PM
    The other button mutes the phone and/or mutes the media player. Can't say about the password lock as I never use one.
    03-27-11 04:59 PM
    The other button mutes the phone and/or mutes the media player. Can't say about the password lock as I never use one.
    I think mute button, will mute the ringer as well...

as for the lock w/ password, just try setting a password on your bb, and then locking it... i can tell you if it works or not, as i don't use a password...

if you end up needing an app, "pattern lock" is probably what you are looking for.
    03-27-11 05:05 PM
    The physical lock button will not start Password Lock like it used to on past/older models. The only way to do that is to touch/select Password Lock icon or have a 'Lock After' time set for the function.
    Apps like pattern lock can be set to start when you press the lock button.
    03-27-11 06:05 PM
    SixTools and ExtraKeys apps can make that mute button, as well as the volume up and down keys, function as convenience keys, as long as you are not in a media player application that requires these three buttons.
    03-27-11 06:13 PM
    if you are receiving a call, pressing the mute button will mute the ring.

if you are talking to someone and you want to put them on mute that button will do it.

if you are listening to a song pressing that button will mute the music.

but yeah thats weird that it doesn't put the phone on mute when we are on the home screen
    03-27-11 06:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD