Hi everybody,

as you might understand, I'm from Switzerland and next wednesday, I'm going to Miami. I've been interested in the Blackberry torch 9800 for a few months right now. First of all, a lot of people seem to have problems with it so I don't really know what to think about it, could you explain please?

Secondly, while being in Miami, I'll maybe buy it, so I'd like to know if it will work in Switzerland ( phone network) and what is the price if I buy it without a subscription?

Thanks a lot for helping me, seeya!
    10-07-10 01:25 AM
    What problems have you heard and what would you like to know....

Who is your carrier and what frequencies do they run off of?
    10-07-10 02:34 AM
    General bugs, don't really know what they were talking about though...
    What I'd like to know is he's totally worth it, worth a iphone 4g or an HTC... It seems pretty ironical because I'm on a bb forum lol

I absolutely don't know about the frequency, what I know is that the Iphone 4 bought in USA works in Switzerland BUT the iphone 2 had to be cracked to work in Switzerland
    10-07-10 06:32 AM
    Bro, just do a simple google search and you'll get your answers.

Torch runs on GSM/3G networks.
    Switzerland telcos use GSM standards as well.

Source: Switzerland Guide: Mobile phones, Mobile operators and networks in Switzerland: Switzerland has one of the

So you shouldn't have any problems using the Torch in Switzerland.
    Just remember that Blackberries require a BIS plan from your telco to function at their full potential.
    10-07-10 06:40 AM
    Hi everybody,

as you might understand, I'm from Switzerland and next wednesday, I'm going to Miami. I've been interested in the Blackberry torch 9800 for a few months right now. First of all, a lot of people seem to have problems with it so I don't really know what to think about it, could you explain please?

Secondly, while being in Miami, I'll maybe buy it, so I'd like to know if it will work in Switzerland ( phone network) and what is the price if I buy it without a subscription?

Thanks a lot for helping me, seeya!
    Let us know how it works out. I'll be over there this summer and I just picked up a torch. I know my aunts iphone (from ch) worked here on att
    10-07-10 07:36 AM
    Just saw that a new BB got out, the 9780, how can I make the choice if there's always new stuff haha!
    SlcCorrado, if I buy it, I'll buy it in Switzerland, just saw that he was available in France today, so I won't have to wait for too long till he gets out here
    10-07-10 10:22 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD