Hey guys, need some help quick, Im in US for work (military) and i have all connections off, and data off while roaming. I was able to pick up a wifi connection, so I am using that to use BBM and emails etc. Question is, is there any way telus can charge me? let me know thanx
    05-07-11 06:32 PM
    You need to ask Telus. Open a support call and write down the incident number. If they say no, and charge you later, you can refer to it.
    05-07-11 07:07 PM
    If you turn off your carrier and use it on wifi, you won't be charged. You are charged depending on your usage on another providers network (roaming). If you aren't on another carriers network and only on wifi, you're safe.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-07-11 07:28 PM
    A bit of background to support my claim. I am also in the military and I use Bell. I just returned from Arizona and while I was there I got a roaming plan. I was informed that if I chose a wifi network instead of using the carrier, it wouldn't count towards my charged roaming total.

05-07-11 07:29 PM
    Hey guys, need some help quick, Im in US for work (military) and i have all connections off, and data off while roaming. I was able to pick up a wifi connection, so I am using that to use BBM and emails etc. Question is, is there any way telus can charge me? let me know thanx
    If you still want to receive SMS and calls, you can turn on the carrier network. You will roam, but as long as roaming data is disabled, you WONT pay for data roaming (wifi will be the only method of data). You only pay for calls you answer or make calls and SMS for outgoing messages.
    05-07-11 07:32 PM
    sounds good guys, thanx, and by the way, I am in Arizona , from Petawawa ON
    05-07-11 07:43 PM
    I just got back from arizona and I am also from petawawa. I just got back with november coy from 3rcr. You?

05-07-11 08:01 PM
    I just got back from arizona and I am also from petawawa. I just got back with november coy from 3rcr. You?

RCD maint, its a pretty good go
    05-07-11 09:27 PM
    Haha, no ****. Yeah, I spent a month there as maintenance (veh tech) as well. It was a good time! Stayed on the YPG fob.

05-07-11 10:05 PM
    Haha, no ****. Yeah, I spent a month there as maintenance (veh tech) as well. It was a good time! Stayed on the YPG fob.

we got a relaly good go, we are staying in Sierra Vista in f***ing condos! with a pool! lol, like i said, its really good, im here for amonth as well
    05-08-11 12:59 PM
    Yeah I know who you are now. I recognise the name from the psp forums. Haha. Condos? I hate you.

05-08-11 02:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD