Hello there - I have a torch 9800 and I love it. I dont care for a new BB or an iphone or Android. I am a Torch 9800 user and I want it fixed.

I was trying to replace the ear piece speaker, but all of my t3 screws that connect the back of the phone to the slider (there are 6 screws that keep it together) are all stripped. none of the t3 screwdrivers worked. I tried a T2 screwdriver (seems to be a better fit) does not work either.

So I guess I really messed up the screws as they are all stripped. I tried 2 or 3 T3 screwdrivers - but the screws would not budge.

Can you advise on how I can get these screws out? I have tried flat heads, rubber bands with no luck. I tried to drill one screw and its not moving. in fact now Im close to having the screw head entirely stripped.

ANyone have any advice? These are small screws so im not sure if a screw extractor will work. I want to see if I can do this myself before going to a technician.

Thanks.
    03-13-13 05:56 PM
    get a cordless drill, one metal bit and a vise.
    optional: magnifying glass headset, and a bright light.

carefully drill through the screws and then go to your local mobile shop and get replacements (usually .25c each)

I have done it before, first time it nerve wracking, after that its not too bad
    03-13-13 06:24 PM
    hey thanks for the tip - any type of cordless drill? any advice on what metal bit to use?
    03-13-13 06:52 PM
    Or try and use a flat head screwdriver that fits in whats remaining, - like the type of kits you get in hobby shops with the various sizes, they will be tight but a little pressure onto the head should see it shift!
    03-20-13 05:11 PM