Hi,

Not sure if this is the right place to post this, but i've got a 9800 so i thought i'd try here.

I'm from england and last year i bought a blackberry 8520 (Virginmobile uk), i loved it so much i purchased an unlocked 9700 via ebay and that was great until the 9800 & OS6 came and you probably guess the next bit - i went out and got an unlocked 9800 (from ebay again) and think it's fantastic!

My issue started a few weeks ago, when i started to get charged for surfing when i called them they said that i had to use the virginmobile browser to avoid charges. Now that was a bit of an issue as i had an unlocked phone + my vm bb sim which i've always updated by removing the 'Vendor.xml' i've never had a seperare virgin browser. Up until recently virginmedia (uk) did not support the 9800 but as of christmas they now sell them so i've downloaded their os '9800M_PBr6.0.0_rel1165_PL6.4.0.142_A6.0.0.337_Vir gin_Media.exe' and upgraded from my previous '9800M_PBr6.0.0_rel862_PL6.4.0.120_A6.0.0.284_Bouy gues.exe' i kind of hoped that this would install the provider browser, but unfortunately not.

Now i've seen a few tutorials to unloack blackberry's and they actually provide an alt browser, so my question is this:- How can i get the vm browser, is it in with the Apploader files? As apart from this one issues every thing else works 100%

Thanks

sfbm
    GeoK likes this.
    01-29-11 07:28 AM
    That's a rather interesting predicament mate?

I have a 9700 and when I use the prowser, I seem to have to go through the "cingular" brower in the phone. Just going from "Go To" doesn't work well for me.

I am afraid I do not have an answer, but will look back on your post for some answers and if they will help me out also.
    01-29-11 10:18 AM
    Search the XML files for the browser by name. Set the bool(s) to the opposite setting and see what happens. Much like unlocking other carrier themes.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-29-11 06:54 PM
    Search the XML files for the browser by name. Set the bool(s) to the opposite setting and see what happens. Much like unlocking other carrier themes.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Hi,

Ok, are we're talking about the 'Vendor.xml' or 'PkgDBCache.xml' file? Thing is i'm not sure what it's called, tons of hits in the vendor but nothing in the pkgdbcache for virgin.

As another option what about me completely wiping it and installing without backing up (as i normally upgrade) would that give me a oem os?

Thanks

sfbm
    01-30-11 06:31 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD