I just took a free Torch, no strings attached. I'm an Alltel convert and all they offered at the switch was the 9300. They just sent me a letter with the offer. I think its a good move, but I also think their getting rid of inventory. Any thoughts?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-13-11 01:27 PM
    Hey a free 9800 is definitely worth it! I love mine!
    04-13-11 01:31 PM
    I just took a free Torch, no strings attached. I'm an Alltel convert and all they offered at the switch was the 9300. They just sent me a letter with the offer. I think its a good move, but I also think their getting rid of inventory. Any thoughts?

I upgraded from a Storm 2 and was kinda skeptical on whether I would be satisfied with the Torch. 4 weeks later, this clearly the best Berry I have owned and I have owned a few. Not to mention, yours is free. There is very little not to love. The trackpad makes for great precision in documents, the touch screen keyboard is great, especially for short replies and I must say, the qwerty keyboard is great. It took me some time to get used to OS 6 but I realized how much of an improvement it is from 5.0. Good luck and enjoy.

04-13-11 02:18 PM
    There are new Blackberry models coming out in the next few months, including the Torch 2, so, yes, they may be pushing inventory out.

I love my Torch, had it since release date. A Torch for free is an excellent phone.
    04-13-11 02:20 PM
    Free is always good.
    04-13-11 03:22 PM
    I had a BB 8220 before and wasn't sure if I would like the keyboard of the Torch but I'm surprised to say it's surprisingly easy to type on and I'm a fast typer. Love this phone, easily the best phone I could have gotten.
    04-13-11 03:30 PM
    I'm definitely glad I ordered it now. You guys are pretty convincing. I already ordered a Seidio Innocase and holster. The only thing I hate is giving up my Otterbox Defender for my 9300 because its only 5 months old. Small sacrifice I guess. Thanks for the replies!

04-13-11 04:34 PM
    I'm definitely glad I ordered it now. You guys are pretty convincing. I already ordered a Seidio Innocase and holster. The only thing I hate is giving up my Otterbox Defender for my 9300 because its only 5 months old. Small sacrifice I guess. Thanks for the replies!

Well wait until you get it and see for yourself before you decide whether or not you like it.
    04-13-11 04:53 PM
    I think my torch is probably the best phone I've ever had and free is always my favourite price

04-13-11 08:26 PM
    Yeah, my Torch is definitely my favorite phone to date.
    04-13-11 08:51 PM
    Free and no strings attached, not even a new contract?
    04-14-11 07:07 AM
    Free and no strings attached! Wow!
    04-14-11 09:49 AM
    Exactly, no contract extension! The letter said this was offered to all BB users from Alltel that were ported over. Originally the only BB offered, like I said above, was the 9300.

04-14-11 10:51 AM
    Yeah, my Torch is definitely my favorite phone to date.
    I agree with you
    04-14-11 11:05 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD