I'm trying to update my device software via the desktop manager. I have a Torch running on Rogers and I'm trying to update it with Bell device software.

When I install the Bell file version 6.0.0.600 it prompts me to close the device manager, which I do. It then install it on the computer, but not on the phone. When I startup the device manager there is no mention of new software, and the phone isn't updated either.

What am I doing wrong?
    07-28-11 02:46 PM
    Go to C:Program Files/Common Files/Research in Motion/AppLoader and delete the "Vendor.xml" file at that location. Also, this has been covered a LOT so a simple search would have got you a faster answer.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-28-11 02:52 PM
    Still not working. I looked through documentation on the site but can't find an answer. I removed the vendor file, and installed the bell update. It asks me if I want to repair or remove software, so I choose repair. It then says that it's installing, and then done. However, nothing is ever installed on the phone.

I've tried it by having the phone pulled into the computer from the the beginning of the install, and I've also tried it by not pulling in the phone and hoping it would prompt me to do so, but again, no good.

Does anyone know what the exact process is? Is it different with the new desktop software, and does it make a difference if the phone is an enterprise edition?
    07-29-11 08:47 AM
    Still not working. I looked through documentation on the site but can't find an answer. I removed the vendor file, and installed the bell update. It asks me if I want to repair or remove software, so I choose repair. It then says that it's installing, and then done. However, nothing is ever installed on the phone.

I've tried it by having the phone pulled into the computer from the the beginning of the install, and I've also tried it by not pulling in the phone and hoping it would prompt me to do so, but again, no good.

Does anyone know what the exact process is? Is it different with the new desktop software, and does it make a difference if the phone is an enterprise edition?
    These issues have been coverder hundreds of times at CB. Use the search tool of this site!!
    Basically you can upgrade any BB device with any OS version designed for that particular model (even if it comes from another carrier than yours) as long as you delete the vendor file once installed in your PC.

I would completely uninstall the OS from your PC, then reinstall, delete the vendor file again and run Apploader directly (forget using DM for the upgrade!).
    You can find Apploader in the same folder from where you delete the vendor file.

Once agian, if you are down to doing an OS upgrade from a carrier that is not yours you need to do some research at CB before doing so... Otherwise, stick with your carrier�s official updates only!

Cheers!
    07-29-11 09:14 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD