Background:

Present Device OS: 6.0.0.246, Platform 6.4.0.105; Trying to update to: 6.0.0.576, Platform 6.6.0.216; Computer OS is Windows 7 Home Premium

I have a BB Torch (less than four months old) that was at first captive to BES. The only IT Policy that the BES had was to disable the camera and video. I have since left that employment and the phone has been released from that BES (the phone belongs to me) and the first thing I did was to reset the phone to Factory Defaullts to get rid of the IT Policy. The camera and video are working fine now.

Apps on the phone are standard: Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Documents To Go, Social Feeds, App World, besides the other standard BBGames.

Problem:

My Carrier (Airtel in India) released an updated Device OS sometime ago, but try as I might, I am unable to update the OS - the DM says "There are no BB Device Software updates available". However, the Support tab (under installed Device OS shows both my current version and the new OS available as installed within the DM. A check through Control Panel also shows both OS's installed on my computer. (Even the current version is not displayed as available).

I have also tried the stealth install method using App Loader directly when I get the following message;
    "The BB Desktop Software does not have the BB Device Softwarefor the device that you have connected to the computer. Contact your wireless service provider or Sys Admin.". Again, even the installed version is not shown as available.

Both versions have been downloaded from the Carrier site and duly installed on the computer. I have also tried installing after removing the Vendor.xml file, but no luck.

Semms my phone is orphaned and left high and dry - neither does the existing OS show up, nor the updated ones. I have tried sifting through this forum and many others, but I have not found the solution so far. Also, I have tried the solutions mentioned in some of these forums for a similar issue (very rare), but none of them have worked.

Can someone please help me out?
    09-04-11 09:16 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD