I have an unlocked torch & im on tmobile network my phone currently has the service book, but now when i go to the browser to access the internet I get an error message stating: Unable to connect to Internet, please try again later. If the problem persist please contact your service provider. I contacted tmobile & they made sure all my setting was right, but when he asked me to go to advanced system setting to find the browser option its not there only browser push, then i was advised that i needed the location of the browser in order to but the internet on tmobiles internet. Havent found the browser settings... Please help so i can use the internet for facebook, yahoo.. So lost but love this phone
    02-25-11 02:52 PM
    Do you have BIS data plan on T-Mobile?
    02-25-11 03:18 PM
    yes, do u know how to set the browser or where my browser options are located on device...
    02-25-11 03:22 PM
    The browser options is in the browser. Just open the browser and press the menu button and options.

But on the Torch it has nothing to do with getting the browser to work. All that options does is clear cache, cookies, history, set home pages and set default search
    02-25-11 03:46 PM
    I was reading a couple forums & it states that the browser setting was removed from the torch & newer models so i need away around or a sit to get a way to adjust browser....
    02-25-11 04:15 PM
    02-25-11 04:30 PM
    yes but i dont have a old blackberry & tmobile pushed the service book to me they have the books for the torch... or a generic version because at first when i hit the browser button before calling tmobile it said the browser needed service books called tmobile for them to troubleshoot it & they had me register it & sent the service books then the phone showed EDGE for a split second it went back to edge & we couldnt locate the browser settings on the device to set the browser to WAP.. & the rep advised me to register on crackberry to find away around this, so i hope i can figure this out with help from the forum...
    02-25-11 05:06 PM
    I have an unlocked torch on tmobile and this is what they sent me.

Enable the browser

1-On the home screen or in a folder, click the *options* icon.
    2-Select *Device*
    3-Select*Advanced system settings*
    4-Scroll to and select *Browser*.
    5-Change *Default Brower Configuration* to *Internet Browser* or *T-mobile*(if available)
    6-Change *Default MDS Browser Configuration* to *Internet Browser* or T-mobile (if available)
    7-Change *Default* *WAP* Browser configuration* to *T-mobile* (if available)
    *Note*: As the Blackberry torch 9800 is an unsupported device, the user MAY NOT see the available options in the *Browser* menu.

Hope it helps
    02-25-11 07:01 PM
    On my screen under Advanced system setting only shows:
    Enterprise Activation
    Service Books
    Sim Card
    Browser Push
    Cell Broadcasting
    Default Services
    Host Routing Table
    TCP IP
    which is why i asked if anyone knew off a work around i can only access internet on WiFi & we know thats not available everywhere...... No browser option on phone do i need a diff service book or something.... Please Help
    02-26-11 02:18 PM
    I have an unlocked torch from the states, I live in the middle east, kuwait to be exact. What worked for me is that I found two entries for the browser in servicebooks, I deleted the second one and the browser worked for me.
    In my case, RIM has not given my provider the sevicebooks for os6, try it. It might work for you

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    SimplyC likes this.
    02-26-11 03:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD