I bought my 9800 today from AT&T and unlocked it to run on t-mobile.

What Works

BBM, SMS, Email, Phone, AppWorld

What doesn't

Browser, FB, Twitter, Social (Browser does work on WiFi, Fb & twitter don't).

It would seem that anything browser related won't work, i do not have the browserconfig servicebook. I've naturally tried pushing my servicebooks to no avail. I've also tried device switch from my 9700 & Storm2 9550 to see if their servicebooks would transfer. All my devices are unlocked so I've had a lot of experience getting them onto t-mobile but without a compatible OS6 browserconfig servicebook its fruitless.

I would say that for now, until T-Mobile have their own OS6 device and can push the browser servicebook, I would stay away from the 9800 unless you're on AT&T.
    08-12-10 06:36 PM
    That brings a tear to my eye because there's NO way I am leaving T-mobile as I am stuck with them for over a year after purchasing my Bold 9700 back in November
    08-12-10 06:49 PM
    Yeah, its a shame bc what a fantastic phone! The search capabilities are excellent except that I didn't have an option to search Google! I had a Google Local option but that was all that showed up. I'll put it down to not having the browserconfig servicebook.

Back to the Storm2 for the day, i'll begrudgingly return the 9800 tomorrow.
    08-12-10 06:58 PM
    That seems very odd as unlocked versions will be popping up soon!

Blackberry Torch 9800 Slider Smartphone AT&T Unlocked US Version at MobileCityOnline.com

Please note: This phone is unlocked and can be used with any SIM card. No activation required (check carrier frequency requirements)

Carrier: AT&T (GSM based), T-Mobile, and Other GSM carriers*
    08-12-10 07:08 PM
    Same here really. My browser will work on wifi, but when on edge black box pops up saying "device does not currently have any browser configuration service book entries..contact your service provider to enable the browser on your device". This is the first time I've unlocked a phone so not sure what all that meant. FB and Twitter doesnt work for me even on wifi. I really like this phone and want to think there has to be a way to get that browser to work!
    08-12-10 07:56 PM
    I wouldn't buy it until your carrier supports OS6 browserconfig servicebooks. Hopefully that will only be a matter of days.
    08-12-10 07:56 PM
    i use cellunlock.net had a very good and fast service 3 mins and it all done
    08-12-10 08:04 PM
    I got into Florida (from UK) yesterday picked one up and I have the same issue. I spoke to T-mobile Tech Support and they said their system does not support OS6 yet and he couldn't give me an idea of when they would.

Not great news and as I plan to use the device in UK I will have to return the device in a few days as I will most likely run into the same issue back home.
    Last edited by thescottz; 08-13-10 at 05:24 AM.
    08-12-10 09:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD