Thanks for sharing this~
    08-17-10 03:15 AM
    The steps in the first post worked PERFECTLY using .141 and DM6. Thanks for the instructions (and d/l links)!
    08-17-10 11:41 AM
    If we update the OS to the new leaked version will we need to go through this process again? I believe we have to in order to reactivate UMA but how about basic operation on TMobile?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-17-10 05:58 PM
    You'll have to redo it all, but the leak sucks and I downgraded back.

08-17-10 05:59 PM
    Is this always going to be the case or will it get simpler when tmo releases 6.0?

08-17-10 06:02 PM
    So ur saying if i go to .161 os ill habe to do the whole UMA and MMS everything all over again even if i do a back up? Like it save the service books and all?

O ya n e one having trouble running AOL, MSN instant messeging? It won't let me sign in to either. They are not thay important to me but i like to sign in from time to time. Please help or advice would be appreciated thamks

Last edited by BLACKBERRY619; 08-17-10 at 08:08 PM.
    08-17-10 06:15 PM
    i think i have it fixed ill keep updated :-)
    08-17-10 08:16 PM
    i cant seem to get past the device password part... when i ented my device password it says "file access has been denied" any help please?!?!
    08-18-10 04:09 PM
    Trying to run "CrackUtil" got error message "File Access denied" and app freezes

This is a link to the original guide for the Storm 9530 but it works for the 9800 (with pretty pictures)

http://forums.crackberry.com/f135/ho...m-95xx-106023/

This is the abbreviated guide.

#1. Download CrackUtil and install http://forums.crackberry.com/attachm...-crackutil.zip

#2. Download the T-Mobile Servicebooks zip file and unzip. http://forums.crackberry.com/attachm...rvicebooks.zip

#3. Use CrackUtil to remove the net_rim_bb_browser_daemon file.

#4. Use Desktop Manager to load the servicebooks you unzipped (backup/restore/advanced) (DM5 works, not sure about DM6).

#5. Use CrackUtil to replace the net_rim_bb_browser_daemon file.

Reboot and you're set.
    08-18-10 11:01 PM
    ^ try installing crackutil in different directory/location other than program files. works for me.
    08-18-10 11:07 PM
    Trying to run "CrackUtil" got error message "File Access denied" and app freezes
    Right click the icon and Run it as Administrator.
    08-19-10 07:20 AM
    when it ask for device password.... then what? should i try installing crackutil in different directory/location other than program files? (sorry im new to this and i dont want to mess up my phone)
    08-19-10 08:22 AM
    Disable your device password for this process if it's giving you issues. Re-enable it afterward.

Run crackutil as administrator

when it ask for device password.... then what? should i try installing crackutil in different directory/location other than program files? (sorry im new to this and i dont want to mess up my phone)
    08-19-10 08:25 AM
    Having an issue today that the edge network and uma are lowercase. I tried several battery pulls, and it is happening on more than one uma network. Anyone else? I am in Atlanta.

08-19-10 08:38 AM
    I'm in Atlanta and mine is working fine.

08-19-10 08:39 AM
    ok cool im only asking cause my password was disabled and i got the message on yesterday when i tried to do it... or i got a message that said "incorrect password or device is not connected" ill try it again on this afternoon and do the service books you have on the link need to bo downloaded 1st?
    08-19-10 08:43 AM
    I hope it's not a re-run of this bollocks

http://forums.crackberry.com/f86/ema...mobile-478275/
    08-19-10 08:46 AM
    Oddly, even though I am on lower case edge and uma, I still get data. I am going to try to resend the service books just for kicks and see what happens.
    08-19-10 09:06 AM
    In mobile network options/status are you connected to BIS?
    08-19-10 09:09 AM
    Under Mobile Network it says:

Data services: On
    While Roaming: On

Connection Preferences: Wifi Preferred

Mobile Network: T-Mobile
    Network Selection Mode: Manual
    Network Mode: 3G and 2G

I tried changing the last one to 2G only but that didn't make a difference.
    08-19-10 10:00 AM
    Seems to be back up. No ideas as to what happened. Maybe a mini TMobile glitch.
    08-19-10 10:42 AM
    And we are back to lower case again. lol! Seriously? I am the only one having this issue?
    08-19-10 11:54 AM
    This is a waste of time in an enthusiast forum. But why not just wait for a native torch on tmobile? it will probably have uma calling and maybe even hsdpa+. Unlike the storm it is a gsm device. And usually dissappointing sales = loss of exclusivity.
    08-19-10 11:58 AM
    Speaking of a waste of time......

This is a waste of time in an enthusiast forum. But why not just wait for a native torch on tmobile? it will probably have uma calling and maybe even hsdpa+. Unlike the storm it is a gsm device. And usually dissappointing sales = loss of exclusivity.
    08-19-10 11:59 AM
    THIS is not helpful in an enthusiast forum. I was enthusiastic about the Torch so I got it. I am not the first person in the world to unlock a phone. The nice other enthusiasts on Crackberry helped me get it working. What do you care what I choose to do?

08-19-10 12:02 PM
538 ... 34567 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD