Hi, so I lost my blackberry and decided to buy the torch, b/c I heard good things about this. Unfortunately, I stumbled upon this AFTER I put my SIM card in and messed up Step #2. Can I reset it and what do I do if I don't have a blackberry to register my phone too? Someone please help.

Thanks
    02-16-11 08:17 PM
    @xandermac.. omg! thank you so much.. at first i was being lazy and skeptical but when i actually did it.. IT WORKED! yayy! thanks alott!!
    02-18-11 12:28 AM
    Well I have read through all these replies and still can't figure this out. I am on T-Mobile using and unlocked 9800. Everything works amazing except being able to receive MMS. I can send but not receive, internet works, email, youtube, all my apps. I have sent a pic to myslef and it shows as sent yet I never receive the pic. My main problem is, I don't have an old device to put my sim into to copy service books. T-mobile has sent me all new service books and we have gone through seetings til I am blue in the face. Any help would be great.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-23-11 09:51 AM
    NM guys figured it out, was using crunchsms and had blocked texts in my firewall and since sms and mms are the same, they weren't coming through.

02-24-11 12:09 PM
    Thanks for all of the help setting my torch up.
    02-27-11 08:21 AM
    I finally got the internet to work on my torch but I cant get my email to work.
    03-02-11 09:44 PM
    You may have to change your APN settings on the Torch. Each carrier has their own. You can change it by going to:

Options > Device > Advanced System Settings > TCP IP
    03-02-11 11:05 PM
    question!

if i unlock my torch but i have just a regular t-mobile data plan would i still be able to acces the net and get push email? or do i have to have t-mobiles data plan for those to work?
    03-03-11 08:24 PM
    I have a question. I don't mind engaging in the following steps, but im new in the smartphone scene and I want to be sure is it really a problem to not have 3g web no more? Thank you in advance
    03-08-11 11:51 PM
    @Cartercarter, you need a Blackberry Data plan from the company you're using your phone with to get push email, etc

@Stillmatic, many people turn 3G off on their phones because it kills your battery faster. Its really up to you. I personally leave it on
    03-09-11 05:41 AM
    03-09-11 01:23 PM
    I'm sorry, I'm not perfect with computers....do these instructions mean that I have to have access to another blackberry (9700) other than the Torch 9800 that I want to work with TMobile?

If yes, what if I don't have access to another blackberry? Can I use any other device or any other way?

I'm almost ready to leave TMobile because the Torch I bought is now almost useless without internet. Even though I have no idea where else I would go, bc TMobile is the best price-wise. Someone please offer a suggestion.

Thank you.
    03-11-11 11:49 PM
    Hi, did you ever get a reply from anyone regarding your post about not having another blackberry to do these steps? I'm having the same problem with my unlocked 9800 and the browser is not working with TMobile. I don't have access to any other blackberry. Did you ever find a solution? I appreciate any help you can offer. Thank you.

Hi, so I lost my blackberry and decided to buy the torch, b/c I heard good things about this. Unfortunately, I stumbled upon this AFTER I put my SIM card in and messed up Step #2. Can I reset it and what do I do if I don't have a blackberry to register my phone too? Someone please help.

Thanks
    03-12-11 06:00 PM
    Does anyone know of anyone Selling a Torch for cheap? I would LIKE to buy one for my BIRTHDAY. I hate hate hate my BlackBerry Tour!

03-14-11 01:03 AM
    I just unlocked my blackberry torch 9800 and that of my wife. I did it through Unlock Cell Phone : Cell Phone Unlocking : Unlock Phone. It was very fast and easy, and I strongly recommend this website for everybody. I tried several websites before I finally got hold of them, and aside from the fact that I got my unlock code within 3 minutes, the site owners were very conscious about user security and responded to all my emails VERY FAST! -http://www.unlocktotalk.com-
    Last edited by deboonifade; 03-17-11 at 04:33 AM.
    03-16-11 11:42 PM
    I am on Tmobile network. I am not sure of what to put in the settings for email.
    03-17-11 11:14 PM
    It didn't work for me . I did exactly what the directions said and nothing. I still can't browse or set up my email. Any help?? is it a problem with the At&t network? It says that the BlackBerry Enterprise server is not Connected. Why is that???
    Last edited by _Ely_; 03-19-11 at 10:26 AM.
    03-19-11 09:11 AM
    Is there a way to do this without having an another blackberry around I just bought this one and I don't know anyone else with a blackberry?
    03-19-11 11:11 AM
    does this actually work because I don't have access to another blacbkerry?
    03-19-11 11:33 AM
    "1. Download and unzip the TMobile Service Books below. Be sure and remember where you unzipped the folder to as you will need it later.

2. Next, make sure your TMobile sim card has been inserted in the Torch. Then go to Options >Device >Advanced System Settings >TCP/IP

Set as follows:

APN: epc.tmobile.com
    Username: < Leave Blank >
    Password < Leave Blank >

3. Go to Options >Device >Advanced System Settings >Service Book.

Do the following:

Type alt + S-B-E-B. You will not see anything as you type this but when you�re done you should see a message that says �Legacy SB Restore Enabled.� Click OK.

4. Plug in the Torch to your PC and open Desktop Manager and go to Device >Restore

5. Under File Name you should see 9800 TMobile Service Books. If you don�t see that click on �Change Folder� and browse to where you downloaded the service books from the link above.

6. Toward the middle of the Restore Window click the radio button next to �Select device data and settings� and below that make sure that �Data Type� and �Service Books� boxes are checked.

7. Click the �Restore� button and you will be prompted that �Your current data will be replaced.� Click �Yes.�

8. Once the restore is finished you can disconnect the device.

9. On the device go to the �Setup� icon. Select �Email Accounts.� Select �Internet Mail Account.� Hit the menu key and select �Service Books.� Click �Send Service Books.� This will resend your email service books.

That�s it. You should now have the Internet Browser and your apps should work normally."

courtesy of GetBB

I used this and everything is working fine ..
    Will this work because I can't get access to another phone?
    03-19-11 11:46 AM
    I got my unlock code from Unlock Cell Phone : Cell Phone Unlocking : Unlock Phone. Ive used this site a couple of times and always refer them. their unlock codes always work and I always have a phone working perfectly. Now i'm on the torch... love it!

if anyone needs a code, check out that website. Unlock Cell Phone : Cell Phone Unlocking : Unlock Phone
    03-21-11 06:59 PM
    Easy to read instructions! A++++++! Thanks got all my features working with ease!
    03-22-11 05:51 PM
    Lost my email icons on my unlocked torch. How do I gert them back? How do you get service books sent on a unlocked phone on t mobile?

03-27-11 02:58 PM
    I just unlocked a torch from at&t to use on tmobile. It is for my daughter. I am running 6.0 and am able to use web and apps just fine, but I cant seem to set up an email acct. I am using her sim card from her mytouch that has been damaged bad enough that it will not turn on. I am only getting an enterprise acct. set up. I want to be able to just set up her yahoo mail. Any help would be great.
    04-01-11 09:59 AM
    Well I thought I could use the browser and apps. I guess it was just working because of the wifi. So without being able to use the old phone, what do I need to do?
    04-01-11 03:33 PM
538 ... 1718192021 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD