I am on Tmobile and everything works.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Did you have to follow the knstructions on this post?

10-16-10 08:21 PM
    I actually followed the instructions referenced a few posts down in this post about using the Storm...that was the best we had when the Torch first came out. Worked like a charm. No issues with the internet.

10-16-10 08:29 PM
    Can I use any model? I am going from a Curve 8320 to a Torch 9800 so it is a big change.
    10-18-10 04:03 PM
    Hi,

thanks for your post. but is there any way to do it by using DM on Mac OS.... Please let me know...

thank you very much
    10-20-10 04:10 AM
    All,

I recently got a Torch and followed the instructions on this thread to get it to work on T-Mobile. My browser and email work. I do have the same problem as mentioned in the message below - get more does not work - claims to have a missing service book.

Anyone else have this problem?

My Torch is running 6.0.0.246.

Thanks!

Cheers,
    Niranjan

I have noticed that we're missing the "retrieve more" servicebook for email. I'm on .161 and it doesn't work. Can someone on .141 try "get more" or "get all images" and see if they get the servicebook error.

10-20-10 01:16 PM
    I have done the service book backup for my Torch. Right after the update, the browser was still not working. When I woke up the next day all of a sudden it was working. But it seems like its an on and off thing. Sometimes it would work, sometimes it won't. I might do a battpull then it would work after the restart, but sometimes even that wouldn't work. Have any of you guys experience this? What do you guys think of this?

10-21-10 10:16 PM
    Method 1 - ALL Carriers (Desktop Manager 5 works, not sure about 6)

Requirement #1 you need an unlocked 9800.

Note: 3g will not work on t-mobile, you can enable UMA after this procedure though.

This method requires that you already have a blackberry on your particular carrier. (or access to one).

1. Switch your SIM into your old device, Register on the network and push your servicebooks to ensure you have the latest (I used a T-Mobile 9700)
    (THIS IS CRITICAL, make sure the SIM is in your old phone. You will not have the necessary Browserconfig SB if you skip this step and therefore still won't be able to surf the web. Do not skip this even if it seems pointless, activate your old blackberry!. Some people skipped it and wondered why the process didn't work...)

2. Go into options, advanced, servicebooks - HOLD THE ALT KEY and type SBEB. This will enable Legacy servicebook restore mode which allows you to backup/restore ALL of your servicebooks (Not just the ones RIM allows you to backup).

3. In Desktop Manager, plug in your 9700 (or whatever you used), go to backup-restore/advanced, on the right hand side select the servicebooks on your 9700 and press the "Left Arrow" to copy them to your PC. On the left hand side highlight the newly copied servicebooks, click file/save and name them something, 9800Servicebook for example, and save the file to the desktop. You've just made a COMPLETE BACKUP of your carriers servicebooks.

4. Switch your SIM back into the 9800, go to options/servicebooks, HOLD THE ALT KEY and type SBEB to enable Legacy SB restore mode.

5. Plug the 9800 into DM and restore the servicebooks that you just created using backup-restore/advanced.

6. Rebewt and bob's ur uncle, working for all carriers. (if MMS is still tiny, it's bc the 9800 isn't identified on the network as a supported device).

IF YOU DECIDE TO MAKE YOUR SERVICEBOOK FILE PUBLIC FOR OTHER USERS, MAKE SURE YOU DELETE YOUR PERSONAL EMAIL SERVICEBOOKS BEFORE YOU MAKE THE BACKUP.

Thanks to "duck383" for these Desktop Manager 6 instructions.

To get the service books using Desktop Manager 6 (Enable Legacy Servicebook Restore Mode first, alt+SBEB)

1). load DM
    2). on left side select DEVICE
    3). Device Options
    4). Select Custom, select Service Books
    Desktop Manager will save SB"s to the same folder as the directory folder selected when backing up phone and thats all there is to it

**DM-6 note**
    After saving the service books be sure to do the reverse and set the selection back to FULL (or your selection) instead of custom or next time you do a backup it may not save correctly as it may still be set to SB's only

If you choose to then enable UMA

http://forums.crackberry.com/f209/gu...mobile-513720/

If you don't have a blackberry on your carrier you'll have to find the servicebooks for yourself. There's a thread in the 9530 forum that has a link to generic t-mobile servicebooks.
    I have tried everything and nothing works...so disappointed!!! I really like the torch and now im going to have to pass it on
    10-25-10 09:09 PM
    I have tried everything and nothing works...so disappointed!!! I really like the torch and now im going to have to pass it on
    10-25-10 09:10 PM
    Just wondering, if I use an unlocked Torch on Fido's network...what will and won't work?

Thanks
    10-27-10 09:17 PM
    Everything will work assuming its from Bell/Telus/AT&T/Rogers.

Let us know if you need any help getting it unlocked
    10-27-10 09:19 PM
    Yes it's a Roger's Torch...and even the webkit browser will work?
    10-27-10 09:29 PM
    I have the BB Torch && I'm using T-Mobile i can get the Wi-Fi to work for the internet but only at home && i dont have a old blackberry to use for the service books can anyone help me pleeaassseee!!!
    10-28-10 11:15 PM
    Going to purchase a Rogers Torch and unlock to use with Fido, will the webkit browser give me any problems?
    10-29-10 06:09 PM
    I have done this to my torch, when my carrier updates its system and starts carrying torchs's, do I need to do anything or just leave it as is?

Was informed by my carrier that there will be a systems maintenance in the Asia Pacific, I hope this will be it.

10-30-10 06:17 AM
    Hi I did all the step but when I open the desktop manager , I go to backup/restore/advance but where on the right hand side I just see the options and help and can copy Do I have to go to backup o restore or advanced? Please help me
    10-31-10 04:35 PM
    I can understand the step 3 could u be a little bit more clear? please help me
    I can understand the step 3 could u be a little bit more clear? please help me:confused
    10-31-10 04:44 PM
    I had the torch on att 3g now im on tmobile because i need UMA for travel out of USA and i know 3g is alot faster but the phone does not seem noticeably slower to me. If people understand UMA its well worth the trade off. Att does not offer UMA
    10-31-10 06:21 PM
    Hello, I have the unlocked 9800 with everything working since day 1 of this thread. However, ever since i updated my phone with 6.0.0.246 software (which made the phone alott better and faster), I am missing google local search when using the universal search feature on my phone. Does anyone have any ideas or is maybe experiencing this same problem as I am?
    11-01-10 03:14 PM
    Hi
    i follow up all the instructions but is not working
    am notable to use the internet
    11-01-10 04:18 PM
    Thank you.. Followed the guide and have everything working on my torch including uma .. thanks again
    11-01-10 08:31 PM
    did these instructions work with your torch?? bc it says for the Storm...
    11-02-10 08:26 AM
    did these instructions work with your torch?? bc it says for the Storm...
    Should work fine. Nothing in this thread mentions the Storm.
    11-02-10 09:46 AM
    Since the 9700 finally has a leak for 6.0 (which was my "source" phone), I wonder if it would make any difference to update my 9700 to 6.0, then transfer the service books over. Or will that not make a difference? I am mostly interested in my MMS being normal sized. All else works perfectly.

11-02-10 02:36 PM
    I wiped mine and loaded of os six from scratch. All the correct service books were pushed to me automatically. I did not have to use my back up. I'm guessing the device is identified correctly on the network but I will try mms to verify.

11-02-10 03:03 PM
    Xander! I thought you got rid of your Torch? Did you get it back?
    11-02-10 03:27 PM
538 ... 1415161718 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD