Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 13 of 22 FirstFirst ... 310111213141516 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
    CrackBerry Newbie

can the BB torch unlocked work with boostmobile service
    CrackBerry Newbie

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by xandermac View Post
    .225 Update.

For those on T-Mobile, there is something different about the way this OS installs. I did an upgrade and a full wipe/install to test it both ways, both with the same results. After initially installing the OS I had no connection to BIS, this is a first for a fresh install for me (even on the 9800). With .214 (and every other OS I've used) I had a bis connection immediately after the install and could push my email servicebooks no problem (no browserconfig on the 9800 naturally but I copy that over later).

With this OS I had no connection at all after the install and i had to use the legacy SB restore trick to restore all my servicebooks before I could connect to bis to do anything. It took a few tries copying ove my SB's before it worked. I'm going to monitor my connection for a day or two. Having said that, I'm up and running and everything is working for now.

I'm not sure if it was unlucky timing and Tmobile had a temporary bis problem of whether it's something new in this OS that's detetcting an outside network but either way it was a new one to me.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Is everything working out for you? I'm wondering if you anyone out their is having a problem with the edge network jumping from lowercase back to all CAPS? Tmobile mentioned something about ATT and other providers sending updates to unlocked phones intentionally causing chaos...
    CrackBerry Newbie

I have a browser problem with my 9800. I had phone working for about a week, and then my phone said SIM not valid. I restored my last backup, which did not help. I then went and replaced SIM card, which repaired phone, but I lost my browser and UMA in the process. The first time I unlocked it, I used an unlocked 9550 that was working. But I have sold it and now only have my 8320 Tmobile phone. I have tried the service books from all my backup files, but they do not seem to work. I get ""unable to connect to the selected Mobile Data Service, please try again later." code when Wifi is off. Any suggestions on steps I can take to repair browser again? Thanks so much for all the great info here, especially xandermac's guides.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Global Posts
    16 Global Posts

My mobile torch is working almost everything perfect, but the Blackberry browser does not work at all. Am working in the Middle East (Qatar), did what you mentioned above to transfer the service book from my older mobile 8520 to my torch, but nothing. Went to Qtel (service provider) they donít have a clue, then went to virgin mobile and the will try to find a solution. In the mean time downloaded the Opera Mini, but the links that I receive from email or messenger does not open due to the default browser is set to the BB.

It should be some configuration issue with the browser or some corrupted problem.

Does anyone has a solution or has experience this problem?
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    101 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by egsp1968 View Post
    My mobile torch is working almost everything perfect, but the Blackberry browser does not work at all. Am working in the Middle East (Qatar), did what you mentioned above to transfer the service book from my older mobile 8520 to my torch, but nothing. Went to Qtel (service provider) they donít have a clue, then went to virgin mobile and the will try to find a solution. In the mean time downloaded the Opera Mini, but the links that I receive from email or messenger does not open due to the default browser is set to the BB.

It should be some configuration issue with the browser or some corrupted problem.

I have BB service on my Vodafone number (I live in Qatar too).
    I've made a custom service book merging yahoo messenger and browser services. It works for me perfectly but each time i reboot my device(after installing or uninstalling an app) the browser stops working again.
    I can let you have my custom service book to try out if you want.
    Motorola:MPx200/Razr V3/V3i/V3xx/V6MAXX/Razr2 V8/V9/Flipout MB511
    Nokia:9500Communicator/E50/N-GAGE/N-70/N-71/N-80i/N-93/N-95i/E-71
    SE:T39m/T68i/T610/K700i/W880i/S700i/P800/P990i/P1i/W350i/Xperia X1i/Aino/Satio/Xperia X10i
    i-mate:SP3/JAM/K-JAM/JAMin/JAQ3
    SAMSUNG:P300/Innov8 i8510/EMPORIO ARMANI M7500/GalaxyTab P1000/S3/Note2
    PALM:Treo600
    HTC:Touch/HD2/DHD/HD7
    Apple:iPhone3G/4/5
    BlackBerry:Curve 8300/Javelin 8900/Storm 9500/Bold 9700Torch 9800/9860/PB/Z10
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    4,603 Global Posts
    PIN
    268CF108
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #306  

I'm not sure what happens when you're in a different country but I'll bet that your 8520 had virgin servicebooks from your home network? and not qtel? You'll need a qtel branded and activated blackberry to make the servicebook backup I imagine.

CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    541 Global Posts

wow... so complicated.... im so happy all I had to do was just put my sim card in and everything worked. Does anyone know why its so complicated for some of you and you have to go through all these steps?
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    4,603 Global Posts
    PIN
    268CF108
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #308  

It's hardly complicated but it's necessary if your particular network doesn't support the torch and OS6.

Quote Originally Posted by dubai_bb View Post
    wow... so complicated.... im so happy all I had to do was just put my sim card in and everything worked. Does anyone know why its so complicated for some of you and you have to go through all these steps?
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    14 Global Posts

it is so great
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    867-5309

can i do this if i have dm6? if so, what options do i have to go to transfer the svc books?
    "It's only after you've lost everything that you're free to do anything"
    CrackBerry Newbie

Global Posts
    16 Global Posts

Default BB Torch in Qatar

Quote Originally Posted by clickqass View Post
    I have BB service on my Vodafone number (I live in Qatar too).
    I've made a custom service book merging yahoo messenger and browser services. It works for me perfectly but each time i reboot my device(after installing or uninstalling an app) the browser stops working again.
    I can let you have my custom service book to try out if you want.

One simple question, do you have the internet browser icon on your mobile?

I had been doing some research around with starlink and they ask me regarding on the lack of that icon. Also they ask me regarding to how to get into the configuration of the browser setting, I donít have any idea on how to do that.

Normally, blackberry phones has 4 browser icons and one of them is only for internet (I guess), but my torch has only 3, is that normal?

I donít know if the Vodafone service book will work on my phone, but if you have the browser service book or know how to configure the browser, I really appreciate that.

Thanks to all
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    101 Global Posts

One simple question, do you have the internet browser icon on your mobile?

I had been doing some research around with starlink and they ask me regarding on the lack of that icon. Also they ask me regarding to how to get into the configuration of the browser setting, I donít have any idea on how to do that.

Normally, blackberry phones has 4 browser icons and one of them is only for internet (I guess), but my torch has only 3, is that normal?

I donít know if the Vodafone service book will work on my phone, but if you have the browser service book or know how to configure the browser, I really appreciate that.

Thanks to all
    I have just one Browser Icon. Funny thing is, its just called Browser and not Internet Browser.
    PM me, maybe I can help.

CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    101 Global Posts

Smile servicebook

This is what my service book looks like. Don't know if it helps you. The clowns at Starlink are no good, you are much better off in these forums
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Unlocked 9800 - Everything works - Instructions-capture-20on-2009-16-2010-2016-37-37.jpg  
    Motorola:MPx200/Razr V3/V3i/V3xx/V6MAXX/Razr2 V8/V9/Flipout MB511
    Nokia:9500Communicator/E50/N-GAGE/N-70/N-71/N-80i/N-93/N-95i/E-71
    SE:T39m/T68i/T610/K700i/W880i/S700i/P800/P990i/P1i/W350i/Xperia X1i/Aino/Satio/Xperia X10i
    i-mate:SP3/JAM/K-JAM/JAMin/JAQ3
    SAMSUNG:P300/Innov8 i8510/EMPORIO ARMANI M7500/GalaxyTab P1000/S3/Note2
    PALM:Treo600
    HTC:Touch/HD2/DHD/HD7
    Apple:iPhone3G/4/5
    BlackBerry:Curve 8300/Javelin 8900/Storm 9500/Bold 9700Torch 9800/9860/PB/Z10
    CrackBerry User

HELP! I just bought an unlocked Torch but I have Cincinnati Bell as a provider. My internet is the only thing not working. It says something about my device doesnt have a browser configuration Service book entries. Please contact your service provider to enable the browser on your device. I have contacted Cincinnati Bell and RIM and they both claim they cant send service books or rather when they send my the service books my phone doesnt accept them due to having a phone that Cincinnati bell doesnt sell. Help me Lord!
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    4,603 Global Posts
    PIN
    268CF108
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #315  

Just follow the instructions on page 1 of this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Mispritsy View Post
    HELP! I just bought an unlocked Torch but I have Cincinnati Bell as a provider. My internet is the only thing not working. It says something about my device doesnt have a browser configuration Service book entries. Please contact your service provider to enable the browser on your device. I have contacted Cincinnati Bell and RIM and they both claim they cant send service books or rather when they send my the service books my phone doesnt accept them due to having a phone that Cincinnati bell doesnt sell. Help me Lord!
    Twitter: xandermac
    CrackBerry User

Hi, I really need some help. I have a unlocked Torch. My provider is Cincinnati bell. I cant get my internet to work. RIM or Cincinnati bell claims it wont work because I bought a unlocked phone and the phone is a ATT&T phone. How can I get my internet to work. Everything else works.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    4,603 Global Posts
    PIN
    268CF108
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #317  

FOR THE 3RD TIME, READ THE INSTRUCTIONS!!! Here's a tip, they're on page 1 of this thread!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mispritsy View Post
    Hi, I really need some help. I have a unlocked Torch. My provider is Cincinnati bell. I cant get my internet to work. RIM or Cincinnati bell claims it wont work because I bought a unlocked phone and the phone is a ATT&T phone. How can I get my internet to work. Everything else works.
    Twitter: xandermac
    CrackBerry Newbie

Global Posts
    16 Global Posts

Default Done

Quote Originally Posted by clickqass View Post
    This is what my service book looks like. Don't know if it helps you. The clowns at Starlink are no good, you are much better off in these forums
    I got it! Now everything is working smoth.....

Cheers to all
    CrackBerry User

My visual voicemail icon is gone. I reloaded, well I think I did, the necessary vvm.cod files. Does anyone have the exact file names, or zip with them? Or even the number of files it is, so I can know if I am putting all of them on to the phone. I have T-Mobile by the way, and everything else works.
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    2808787C

i just got my unlocked 9800 and did what you advised and voila! got everything working. Thanks a bunch!
    CrackBerry Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Italiannyc View Post
    Yano as much as i love the thought of buying the phone and unlocking it for Tmobile .. I just cant justify spending 500 plus tax on a phone with NO INSURANCE
    When I got my iPhone unlocked and on TMO, TMO said that even if they don't sell the phone ASURION (who also handles insurance for AT&T) will replace the phone. Could be the case for 9800 too.

JMHO
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    425 Global Posts

Someone in another thread suggested spending about $50 for an ATT Prepaid Account, with an ATT sim card, and then ATT will support it including swapping it if there is an issue. I plan to do that if necessary.

CrackBerry User

Quote Originally Posted by GeneGreen23 View Post
    My only problem right now is Step 2. After I go to DM and hit advanced there is no service books on the left side and also when I click file-open I dont see service books .ipd file so right now Im lost and of course I run into this after I deleted the browser file...
    I came across the same problem. Did you get your phone working yet? My internet still isnt working. I have Cincinnati bell Wireless.
    CrackBerry User

Did that work? I'm having the worse time!
    CrackBerry User

I'm sorry I ruffled your feathers! I read the instructions, and ran into a problem. My BB Manager is 6. Once I got to number 3 there was no service books on the right side when I went to backup, restore/advanced in my DM.
Page 13 of 22 FirstFirst ... 310111213141516 ... LastLast