Hello,

I had just recieved the torch 9800 from a friend because my 9700 had broken

When he had given it to me the universal search didn't work so i had wiped it and put in Maxhybridsv9 or whatever

But it still dosnt work and i have just discovered that the wifi button dosnt work either and by that i mean when i click on the magnifying glass nothing happens its just blue and when i click the wifi button it gives me an hour glass for a second and does nothing...

Can anyone help me out? Thanks
    09-24-11 11:25 PM
    I'm sorry, I don't understand the "Wi-Fi button" part. Is this on the Home Screen?

By magnifying glass, you mean the Search button to right of the Notifications bar on the Home Screen, correct?
    But didn't you say you "wiped it"? Does that mean you removed the Java files for US?
    09-24-11 11:43 PM
    Like on the torch you click the top where the clock is...when you are there under Set up,Services and options it says Set Up Wifi Network...it dosnt work when i click the button...and Yes i mean the search button...I did wipe it but i have installed a hybrid...Meaning well i would think the cod files would be installed

http://forums.crackberry.com/hybrid-...-650-a-635791/
    09-24-11 11:48 PM
    Your entire OS is made up of cod files, whether hybrid or not. A hybrid combines the cod files from multiple OS's into one.

You really need to post this question in the thread for that hybrid. Only the dev or others very familiar with it can tell you if yours is acting as it should or not.

One thing to try though... If you open your tray and find your Manage Connections icon, does selecting Set up Wi-Fi Network there work for you?

You can also select the Options icon and type "wifi." Select Wi-Fi Network and go from there.
    09-25-11 03:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD