Unique Contacts transfer problem Torch to Z10
Events as they happened:
1. I have a BB torch 9800. Which I have been happy with for a couple of years.
2. Just bought the Z10 and wanted to transfer my devices.
3. Downloaded Link and followed the instructions. IMPORTANT NOTE: HJd to disable Wireless syncing on the Torch to start the sync and backup through desktop manager.
4. Took a back up of my old BB jsut in case (thank god).
5. Completed the transfer and deleted / reset the Torch.
6. Noticed that Z10 was MISSING a lot of recently created contacts.
7. Went back to restoring the Torch and finding the problem.
8. Noticed that the device transfer stated that only NON-ONLINE contact items (not linked to MSN, Gmail , etc) will be transfferred. OK THEN!
9. I had 4 email accounts on the Torch. Hotmail, Yahoo, Gmail and a Private domain (IMAP).
10. Didnt realise before that over the last two years the setting in the Default account / contact list to save new contacts was Hotmail.
10. OK, I thought no issue, means these new contacts I created over the last two years should be on my Hotmail. IMPORTANT NOTE: Since at that time WIRELESS SYNC was enabled. I just disabled it at the time of the shift a few hours ago.
11. Nope! contacts are not on Hotmail. they are only in the phone.
12. OK lets try to backup the contacts and rtestore on the Z10. Didnt work. Same issue, only NON-ONLINE contacts are restored.
13. Lets try to sync Hotmail contacts on phone with the online Hotmail address book. Perhaps then i can re-sync it with Z10. Didnt work. I CANT FIND THE WIRELESS SYNCING OPTION. The option has disappeared!!! My SIM is in and working fine. I restored the Torch and upgraded the software to OS 6 service patch.
14. I have checked a hundred times under Contacts - Options - click on the contact list. Nope, no option to turn on wireless syncing.
15. Checked the Setup - Email Acocunts, Contacts option is ticked there. Checked default service - Reconfirmed all are set to Hotmail. Checked Email Reconciliation options - Wireless reconsile is enabled in there for all accounts. The Service Books - Shows two services for Hotmail account CMIME and CICAL
I added quite a few contacts over the years. I cant afford to loose them. What do I do?
My phone wont sync the contacts added under Hotmail to the hotmail address book and the new BB desktop manager and link wont let me sync contacts that are on ONLINE contact lists such as of hotmail and gamil.
Im stuck! please help!
Oh yes almost forgot to mention. i tried syncing Torch with Outlook and then syncing Z10. Doesnt work. the missing contacts do not show up in any contact list in Outlook and the whole process jsut ends up creating duplicates of my already existing contacts.
plus no idea if Z10 even syncs with Outlook as there is no option to select where or which list in Outlook it will sync with.
Thats another issue and I'll get to that later.
First I need a fix for the Torch contacts issue actually gettign the contacts out of it. Then we can worry about getting them onto Z10 later!
- CrackBerry User
02-14-2013, 08:40 PM #3
- 52 Posts
I had the same torch and a similar problem. I could not get my contact list to transfer to the z10. Brought it to the telus store and the employee had to remove my sim and transfer them with some kind of card reader. It worked finally. None of the methods Blackberry suggested or provided worked.
- CrackBerry Abuser
02-14-2013, 08:40 PM #4
- 242 Posts
SOLUTION: Transferring Contacts To Z10 - Page 4 - BlackBerry Forums at CrackBerry.com
Go to post #99. I too have a 9800 and i found this to be the only way to transfer my contacts.
I did however find that a couple of the contacts were missing phone numbers after i transfered to my z10. i had to enter them manually.
If u have a service provider (rogers, telus, bell etc) store near by i would suggest having them do it as the other poster mentioned above..might save u a whole bunch of headaches
- 02-15-2013, 07:15 AM #5
@Aucturus Sorry to hear about your problems. You must try IntouchApp. It is the easiest way to sync contacts across devices and can sync easily from and BB to Z10 device in minutes. Do you still have contacts on your Torch? If so, install IntouchApp on it and contacts will backup automatically. Then install on Z10 and login - done! contacts will download to your Z10. They can also restore from a BBB file (Blackberry backup file). Just send them your BBB file by email to firstname.lastname@example.org and ask them to restore contacts to your IntouchApp account. The app is available on AppWorld, just search for "IntouchApp"
- 02-17-2013, 06:47 AM #7
Copying contacts from BB 9700 to BB Z10 using InTouchApp
Thanks for the suggestion re InTouch App. I used the app to copy contacts from my 9700 to the Z10. It copied names, numbers and eMail but not addersses and notes. So a reasonable stop gap solution. Phew! The address info is stored with InTouchApp so I suspect there is a bug with the Z10 processing or I have missed an option somewhere. I eMailed support at InTouch to let them know what I observed. The app. looks like it will be very useful in the future anyway.
- CrackBerry Newbie
02-23-2013, 01:33 AM #8
- 4 Posts
hi guys, experienced similar problems that impacted on my work for 24 hours. could have been a lot worse without this post. Thanks for sharing!
1 note, as i was downloading my 1200contacts, intouchApp tended to time out every now and then. For anyone performing this in the future, this is fine, just log back in and the upload will resume.
Ready to enjoy my Z10!
- CrackBerry Newbie
02-23-2013, 10:22 AM #9
- 1 Posts
Hi. I am also having the same issue with my Torch 9800 contacts not being transferred to my Z10. I tried through Link but that obviously did not work. I also tried the bluetooth method but that only transferred one contact.
The problem is my torch is offline now (a Bell torch) so I cannot download the intouch app people are suggesting.
Any suggestions other than manually typing in all my contacts? I have a .bbb and .ipd file of my contacts on my Macbook if that helps.
- CrackBerry Newbie
04-23-2013, 07:23 PM #12
- 1 Posts
Contact Transfer Solution
Not sure if anyone has posted the solution to this, but here we go.
Very simple, yet I had the same issues:
Pair any old blackberry with your Z10 via Bluetooth. Once a connection is established, go into bluetooth on your old blackberry and click on connected devices. Select the Z10 and there will be an option to transfer contacts. After doing so, you will be prompted to accept on the Z10. There you have it! All of your contacts will be transfered!
- By michadam in forum BlackBerry Z10Replies: 4Last Post: 04-28-2013, 11:12 PM
- By warren_walker in forum BlackBerry 10 OSReplies: 3Last Post: 03-09-2013, 03:00 PM
- By Yvon Dionne in forum General BlackBerry DiscussionReplies: 10Last Post: 03-01-2013, 01:38 AM
- By NITWIT101 in forum BlackBerry Torch 9800Replies: 4Last Post: 01-02-2012, 01:55 AM
- By Cavball9 in forum BlackBerry Torch 9800Replies: 9Last Post: 03-08-2011, 01:22 AM