I currently have an 8310. I am getting the Torch on Sept 24 (when it is available in Canada). I would prefer the standard txt msg on the 8310 to the thread type of txt on the more recent versions including the Torch.

Is there a setting for Classic Txt or a choice to maintain the old txt msg format. If not is there an application that allows you to have the older txt msg version.

Thks Bruce
    09-12-10 02:00 PM
    Unfortunately, there is no way to avoid threaded SMS on any OS 5 or newer. The Torch has OS 6.
    09-12-10 02:13 PM
    threaded text messages are much better and hopefully you'll realise how much better it. I recently went back to an old nokia n95 and there's no threaded messages or grouping of conversations. It really does make it hard to follow a conversation with that person.
    obviously, you don't get the whole 'timeline' of all text messages following after one another but I think you'll get use to it in the end since you'll find it hard to find newer smartphone that don't do it
    09-12-10 03:35 PM
    threaded text messages are much better and hopefully you'll realise how much better it. I recently went back to an old nokia n95 and there's no threaded messages or grouping of conversations. It really does make it hard to follow a conversation with that person.
    obviously, you don't get the whole 'timeline' of all text messages following after one another but I think you'll get use to it in the end since you'll find it hard to find newer smartphone that don't do it

^^^^ "like"
    09-12-10 04:48 PM
    You get a time line on threaded txt on the Torch. Just move the cursor to any thread and it'll give you a time & date.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-12-10 04:57 PM
    Thanks guys. One other question I should have mentioned in the original post. My eyes aren't as good as they used to be but generally I don't need glasses nor do I want to have to deal with glasses just for txt.

In emails you can increase the font size. My concern is, as I recall in the threaded version, you have that one little line where you are typing in your txt. Can I blow up the font in that line as well or are you stuck with the default. eg) can I increase the font for typing in and reading txt to something ridiculous such as 14 pt? I can in my 8310 plus I have to whole screen, not some small little line to type my txt into.

Bruce
    09-12-10 06:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD