I have no idea where this post belongs so Mods - please feel free to move this into its proper location....And yes - I did look before posting this - to no avail.

Thing #1: I cannot open BlackBerry App World unless I have viable phone signal (which is rare because AT&T is my carrier - and in spite of the fact that I am connected to everything via wi-fi.) I always get this message: "The Data Service is not Opertional". I can do everything else while connected via wi-fi, but I cannot connect to AppWorld. Is this normal - or is this just something my Torch is doing?

Thing #2: Every time my torch is near my computer - iTunes opens up. I close it, but if my Torch stays near my computer - it will wait about 5 minutes and open right back up again. Yes - I am doing the wi-fi musicsync thing with my Torch, but this just began happening after I upgraded my OS from 6.0.0.337 to OS6.0.0.526 and then reconnected to wi-fi musicsync.

Does anyone have any thoughts on either of these happenings? I would deeply appreciate your input (especially about AppWorld connection).

Thanks.

Peace...
    07-13-11 06:28 PM
    1) AppWorld like most other BB apps doesnt like WiFi. so a signal is needed to signify BIS is active.

2) go into the music sync settings and make sure they are the same.
    tediprude likes this.
    07-13-11 06:33 PM
    1) AppWorld like most other BB apps doesnt like WiFi. so a signal is needed to signify BIS is active.

2) go into the music sync settings and make sure they are the same.
    @Fubaz
    Thanks a mil!
    Wow! I'm beginning to feel like I'm not IT any more.

Just out of curiosity though - why isn't BBM effected by a lack of signal strength also?

lol!

Peace...
    07-13-11 07:53 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD